Monday, August 17, 2009

Brian Reagan has changed my life

Does anyone else find themselves speaking in Brian Reagan-ese? I can never look at a recipe the same again. The second I see "1/2 cup", my mind goes into monologue mode. Scooping ice cream? I go through an inner battle about how much I'm allowed to eat! HALF A CUP!! WHO EATS HALF A CUP??? I went through the whole segment in my head as I was making a chicken recipe the other night and it called for half a cup of oil.

The first time I watched a Brian Reagan video was a few days before getting on a plane. I was laughing to myself watching people try to put luggage into the overhead bins and listening to the flight attendants try to politely tell them that it won't fit. And the mad rush to the door? I almost did that whole "spit" laugh-you know, where you're trying to keep it in, but then it's too much to hold in so it comes out in a big spit?

But how great is it that we can now look at things that drove us nuts before and LAUGH about it?? People, Brian Reagan has changed the WORLD. We will now laugh when we are eating fig newtons, ice cream, or any other dairy item, when we go to the doctor, when we are shipping packages, when we are getting on an airplane, when we're trying to talk to customer service over the phone, when we're watching our kids play sports or are in a spelling bee, and anytime that someone tells us that we're going to feel a little PRESSURE!!

And here's a little snippet to make you chuckle:

4 comments:

Becca said...

Yup. Totally know what you're talking about. Just this weekend we were camping and drove past a logging site on our way into the campground. The first thing I thought of was, "You had logs?!"

Anonymous said...

SOOOO funny! Dead yak and fish heads made my day!

Jeanette said...

Jason introduced me to Reagan when we were dating. HILARIOUS! Take luck and care!

Debbie said...

Funny... and your title actually says "BRAIN" not 'Brian'. Ha! Since I hadn't heard of him before now, I was slightly confused for a second! :) :)