Thursday, January 7, 2010

We've been busy...

*Warning-lots of words and pictures :)

One of my new year's resolutions should be staying up to date with the blog. If I did posts in little spurts then it wouldn't seem so overwhelming to put everything on. But I'm a slacker. Why make a resolution when you know you're going to fail? That's just stupidity. But I'll do my best to stay more up to date.

November and December were so full of family things and getting ready for Christmas. We moved here and I wanted to get together with old friends, but the holidays slammed us hard :) So, to our "old friends"-we WILL be calling to hang out...just give us time to detox from the holidays.

I hope everything we did helped create memories. We hosted Thanksgiving at our house...the day BEFORE our new couch arrived. I was so stressed about not having enough space for people to sit and veg out after eating, but it all worked out in the end. I tried a new turkey recipe, cornbread stuffing recipe, and mashed potato recipe. Turkey and potatoes were a hit, stuffing was gross. Poor Dave, he loves stuffing and this was such a disappointment. I might have to do a "make-up" Thanksgiving dinner for him...sometime in February.

December started off with the girls being sick-we missed our ward's Christmas Night in Bethlehem party, which I heard was the best party they ever had, that it really helped everyone feel the spirit of Christmas. But at least we made it to Dave's office party-ugly sweater and all! They do a variety show of sorts and it's mandatory for the doctors to participate. So a couple weeks before we all got together to plan their skit. It was a spoof on Black Friday shopping and to see Dave and Dr. Nate dressed in women's clothing made it completely worth it. I really hope someone out there has pictures, b/c I was involved and couldn't take any. The office is so huge and there are so many employees-I'm still trying to remember who is who! But it was a really fun party and we're so glad he works there!

I made an advent calendar and in each box was a scripture and fun activity. One of those activities was painting everyone's toenails, and Dave joined in the fun. He admitted that painted toenails DO make your feet look prettier :) But when I bought some jeans for him to try on he was having a hard time commiting to any pair b/c he kept seeing his painted toenails with them. And one month later and the polish is still on. That's right ladies, a real man doesn't care. The girls also made ornaments and cards for grandparents, had breakfast for dinner, painted a wooden snowman, made sugar cookie houses (MUCH easier and less messy than a gingerbread house!), and a few other activities. But lesson learned-next year's advent calendar will not have an activity for each day. There were so many that we couldn't find time for them all.







Emma's dance class had a small classtime recital. It was a dance that lasted maybe a minute, but it was cute. I'm looking forward to their huge production in June-even the little ones are in awesome costumes and participate. And I think in March I'll be enrolling her in Irish dancing-that's always been my dream for her. Yes, I live vicariously through my girls. But that's a story for another day.


Once family came into town we were BUSY. We saw the Chipmunk movie, went to BYU for bowling, sang in Adrienne's ward, ate a lot of food, went sledding, went on a DATE (woohoo!), and rang in the New Year at our house. We had so much fun being together. My sister took all my parent's old VHS tapes and Hi-8's and had them all transferred to DVD. So we spent some time watching old family videos. Dave hated it and I got offended. He said he can't even stand watching his own family videos. So I'm over it. I think I mostly wanted him just to see me in my skinny days :) Although I hadn't yet done the plucking eyebrow thing back then, so that might have been a turn-off anyway.










Siblings minus Kimmy, who had the nerve to go on a cruise. No, I'm not jealous AT ALL.Emma and Bree both got to be "angels"-with star wands and all!

Can't go to Kayte's house without playing make-up and getting nails painted! That lipstick was still on her mouth Christmas morning!
Sledding on New Year's Eve. This girl was eating snow almost the entire time!




Emma, Bree and Noah

Bree going off the jump!
Dave and I at least got in ONE run :)

Getting ready to do the poppers!
I still don't know what her problem was...
The grandkids and the hats they made. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

WOW!! you were definitely busy. Sounds like fun though. We miss you guys, Cleveland just isn't the same...

AnnCP said...

Fun, Fun! Thanks for posting. Hope it is a new resolution for you to post more often :)

Caprene said...

wait what? No photo in your classy new onsie?

Karen Kunzler said...

I know you are suppose to have fun during the holidays, but you possibly had too much fun:)

Adam and Jess said...

A new blog!! j/k, I'm like you and sometimes life just gets overwhelming and you don't have time to blog. Looks like holidays were very busy, especially since everything is new to you guys again. It sounds like Dave already has a job though, which is good. Your post on Bree made me laugh out loud a few times. Her lisp sounds hilarious and the makeup pictures are cute. I hope you guys are enjoying it there. Seeing your family all together, among lots of families around Christmas, makes me want to live near family and be closer to them.