



We can't leave the door to the bathroom open. A few months ago it was because she would play in the toilets. Funny...until she found a toilet full of poo that Emma didn't flush. Now it's because this is what happens...

And have we mentioned before that she LOVES LOVES LOVES to sniff her blankies? Well, Dave went to check on her during a nap and found this...


Ya, I was a LITTLE freaked out when we started unwrapping and realized it was SNUG around her face. Thankfully, she was breathing fine, so we were able to laugh about it.
So, in other news, we've had a really busy few weeks. My brother Von moved here for the summer to sell security systems (and let me tell you, he's ROCKIN'), and his fiance Lindsey joined him a week later. So we get to have family here for the whole summer-YIPPEE!! We've been doing a lot with them...I'm not so sure Lindsey and I are good for each other. She's discovered Mitchell's ice cream around the corner from her apartment and keeps bringing me the OH SO DELICIOUS peanut butter chip on a regular basis, and I've showed her the joys of shopping for baby girls (she's due in September-YAY for another girl to join the ranks!). But we're having a blast so far! We get to do lots of baby room projects and plan wedding stuff, so I'll be in heaven :)
Dave's parents came on the 6th and stayed until the afternoon of the 10th. We were BUSY BUSY BUSY the whole time! It was awesome to see the girls with them-they love them SOOOOO much. Bree warmed right up to them and hasn't stopped jabbering since. That girl is a TALKER. They were so well-behaved for Grandma and Grandpa the whole week. We spent some time at Squire's Castle and at the church sites in Kirtland, had Emma's dance dress rehearsal out in Kirtland one night, the dance recital the next night, and Emma's 4th birthday party on Saturday morning. The best part about the week with them was just sitting in the family room and watching the girls be with them-they couldn't have been happier giggling and dancing and talking and trying to tell Grandma and Grandpa EVERYTHING (Bree in her own little language). Emma had a hard time the day after they left-she misses them so much. It's hard watching her and realizing that she actually understands now that they are far away and she doesn't get to see them very much. But we had a great vacation. Thanks for coming and for all the help with the dance recital and birthday party!! We love you and miss you!! More b-day party pics and recital pics to come-they're all on Allan's camera :) But for now, here's a little "Photomania".
















Tomorrow I get to clean the house again because my mommy and daddy are coming on Sunday! We are so lucky to have family visiting...we were wondering if it was ever going to happen before we had to move, so we are so so happy. AND, while my parents are here, Dave and I are heading to North Carolina for our whitewater kayaking trip...WAHOO! So stay tuned...






15 comments:
Yeah for pictures!!! I love the last one of Emma and the last one of Bree. So cute and fun! Have fun with mom and dad and lindsey and von...Can I come too?!? Hee! Love you!
What a great family month! The pictures of the girls are great. Have fun in North Carolina.
That's what you get when you complain about being the poorest ones who are always having to do the traveling, eh? You should have spoked up sooner:)
And yes, love the photomania...the last one of Bree is truly a magazine shot...you should sepia tone it with some color imageing and Ta-Da, there you have it!!!
Great pics. Loralee you are sooo photogenic! Life with girls is so different...
Loralee,
The ranch trick is fabulous, isn't it. Those pictures are so cute. I am still laughing about the blanket pictures! Hahahaha. Austin used to do that and Mike and I would just bust up laughing all the time when we found him. It is kind of scary though when you first find them like that, HUH???? Did you get a new camera? The close up of Bree outside holding a hand is awesome. She is so beautiful. And Emma looks so much like YOU! That is so need to see that. So, what is this talk of MOVING? When/Where are you moving??
I love having grandma and grandpa in town! So fun! Happy belated birthday to Emma and Dave! 30...wow! I'm not too far behind! (did I just say that...gosh I feel old)
Looks like you guys have been having fun! Sam does the blanket thing too- that's the only way he falls asleep actually- I think it's out of habit from when James would turn the light on in the middle of the night. The ranch and ketchup thing is so true. I love how they can make a spoon out of a carrot, chicken nugget- anything! and I loved Dave's post on turning 30! When did Dave get to be so funny- oh wait he's always been funny we just haven't seen you guys in ages I can't even remember what you guys look like-jk thank goodness for blogs :)
:) I've just discovered ranch for myself, honestly. I'll keep it in mind for kiddos, though. I also love your pics. Have fun with so much family around!
Mmmm Ranch. I loved the blog-a-thon! Doesn't it seem like it goes in spurts. There is either nothing to post or 15 different things. Love Bri's little outfit in the last pictures!!!
They are so darned cute! I totally understand with the "bathroom door" thing. If I ever manage to forget to close either of them behind me, I am always later frightened by those eerily silent moments you just KNOW mean trouble and messes.
And that ranch obsession cracks me up!
My kids actually hate dipping sauces. Can you believe it????
On a sidenote, I noticed you have sew mama sew on your link list. How much do you LOVE their fabric. It is one of my favorites. One of these days I am going to make an Amy Butler bag.
Your girls are so CUTE! It's so fun to see pictures of them. The pictures of Emma and Grandpa are my favorite - so precious.
Hey, Loralee- I forgot to tell you that we changed our blog to peterandconnie.blogspot.com! I had emailed everyone, but i guess I don't have everyone's email addresses! Sorry!
Okay chica, now it's YOUR turn to update :) (and answer my questions!!) Love you!
Oh, it doens't take much for the girls to bond...ice cream and kids clothes shopping...that pretty much sums up a lot of the fun of being a mother.
Post a Comment