Saturday, March 7, 2009

Time flies!

I had really good intentions at the beginning of the year to do this "Photo a Day" challenge, where you (duh) take one photo a day. Doesn't have to be the kids-it can be anything to document what you're daily life is like. Needless to say, that hasn't happened. If anything, the camera has rarely been out of the bag in the last few months. But we've been busy!

First off, the house has SOLD. We are so so happy. We haven't put anything on the blog b/c we were worried about "jinxing" ourselves (I know, what a stupid concept "jinxing" is, but yet we all fall for it). But now the major hurdles have passed and we close on Tuesday. It all happened really fast. The house was put on the market on Feb. 9th, they saw it on the 14th, then made an offer the following week. At first we were going to have to be out of the house by today (since we go out of town Monday), but when they found out we weren't ready to move yet they offered to let us rent back from them. Thank goodness-I was NOT looking forward to moving twice within a few months. But we would have done it if it meant the house sold. We were ready to take anything! We feel really lucky and are excited to know that at least this part of our life is taken care of. Now we need to work on actually finding a job!

I wrote in a post in January that we were interviewing in Kansas. Well, we went. And felt like we should NOT take the position. It was offered and they wanted Dave (who wouldn't??!!), but we just felt like it wasn't the right road for us. Funny b/c we went into it with the intention of taking the job. We thought it was what we wanted to do. But I'm glad we went there to get the full picture and meet everyone so that we don't have any regrets. But that leaves us jobless. So off to California we go to find a job! We're looking at some specific areas that have just kind of peaked our interest. Neither of us knew anyone in those areas. I was just trying to research into areas that had all the "ideal" things we wanted out of a home and came across a few things that mentioned these parts of California. So I researched some more, mentioned it to a few people, and now we have some connections! Things really have fallen into place and we've got some good leads, so hopefully this will pan out for us. We're going in with a lot of faith!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures we took when the camera finally came out of its resting place.

We went to an awesome park today-it was 60 degrees...of course we were going outside!

Emma's hair is getting pretty long. She keeps telling me that she wants it long so she can have braids. Today she said she needs it "longer and longer and longer and longer and longer like Elizabeth's" It's still not quite long enough for braids. But I have a feeling that the braids she's thinking of are more like the ones her friends at school have. Most of the girls in her class are black. And they have the cool braids all over with the fun little "ball" rubberbands. I just don't think she'll ever get her dream fulfilled.
Of all the pictures Dave took of the 3 of us, this one was the best-yep, a finger in Bree's nose and Emma making a weird face.

Look at those adorable faces!



Emma dancing like a princess in front of the castle!

Our fearless daughter.

A view of her SUPER CUTE HAIRCUT! I chopped off her mullet, and got this adorable curly bob!

A typical Bree "look"



One of Bree's favorite pastimes (much to my dismay and sanity) is getting into the sinks and the toilets. The girl loves water. I should just stick her in the tub all day.
We made a fort and stuck the girls inside with the DVD player. Stroke of genius. We just kept throwing cookies and ice cream in there and got a few hours of uninterrupted adult talk time (and maybe Mariokart time).

This is the remains of Emma's little accident. You can't see the color very well in this picture. She was running in our room and came around the end of the bed, tripped over the pillows on the floor and went head first into my nightstand. Her face broke her fall. And somehow she ended up hitting it on the side (what you see) AND on her forehead. Instantly there were 2 big goose eggs and bruising. And the one on her forehead was also a big scratch. The coloring got better and better each day! I love the process of a bruise! It even gave her a black eye. We're just glad nobody called social services on us! That one was a doozy.

And this is Bree, pretending to be me. She LOVES to flip through and "read" my magazines like she's a big girl. When she's not flooding the bathroom with the sink faucet or playing in the toilets or throwing all her crackers on the recently vacuumed floor or pulling ALL the baby wipes out of the package or opening the bag of bread and taking a bite out of each piece or rubbing her yogurt in her hair or pulling all the toilet paper off the roll or throwing all the rock salt meant for the front porch onto the carpet or pounding on the keyboard and freezing my computer or putting videos into the VCR the wrong way she really is AWESOME! Haha. She's my little spazzy girl and even though I get exasperated (quite frequently), I really just want to squeeze her and kiss her all over and tickle her. She can make me laugh at the drop of a hat.

Wish us luck in California!! SUNSHINE, HERE WE COME!!!

10 comments:

the phipps said...

I'm excited for you guys- where exactly are you looking in California? Have a fun trip and good luck! We're in the job hunt too so we're not really sure where we'll be in a few months- who knows maybe we'll end up neighbors :)

Ammieloris said...

Congratulations on selling your house, and good luck finding a job in blissful CA! I'm so glad so many big things are working out well for you.

Mindy said...

YAY! I'm so glad you sold your house and so quick too. Good luck in finding a job. The spirit tells me to tell you that there's a job in Utah, probably in the Salt Lake area or even Utah County. But it's my selfishness kicking in. It'd be fun for you guys to be here but you've got to listen and do what you feel is right. Best of luck!

AnnCP said...

Love the update and PICTURES!!!! The Bree bob is cute, and the Emma owee not so cute. Thank goodness hair grows and bruises fade away.

Anonymous said...

Miss you and I wish I was going! Good luck on the job hunt!

Alisha said...

Good luck! I'm so glad you didn't take the Kansas job or we would never see you. Yeah for Cali!

Cory or Cari said...

Hey Loralee.

Barry and Heather will be living in Paso Robles. Hes a CHP officer stationed there. I don't have a phone number for them on me.
(what a horrible brother I am!)Anyways, good luck with everything.

Cory

Caprene said...

I just got back from CA. You'll have to let me know what you think of Paso Robles (which I learned they say paso robe-ulls - not paso robe-lays like i, the spanish speaker, was incorrectly saying and easily targeted as not being a local).

amanda said...

Your daughter Bree sounds a lot like my Benjamin. He is getting more creative everyday on how to more effectively and thoroughly destroy the house, himself and my patience. But at the same time, I have to restrain myself from just gobbling him up because he's so deliciously adorable and loveable!!

The Beecrofts said...

So, we miss you guys. We got a real kick out of Dave's message. It is good to hear that you are enjoying the warm weather and Disneyland too! Just try to bring some of the sunshine back with you. It is 30 degrees right now... but sunny so hey- not bad for cleveland! I almost called on the 12th to make sure your house went through but if they bought the nursery, I'm sure they were resolved. Hope the job hunting is going well!