Friday, May 29, 2009

We're loved already! :)

So there was a delay in our truck getting to the house, so we ended up just coming to stay with my sister for a few days. I let our landlord know that we would be waiting a few days to get there, and then while we were driving to Orange County I got a phone call. It was the primary president from the ward! She had walked some cookies over to our house and our landlord was there, and she let her know that the truck was delayed. She got our phone number and gave us a call to make sure everything would be okay. And on top of that, when I called the trucking company that was supposed to deliver the truck I ended up talking to a man who is in our ward! He looked at the address and said, oh-my scouts were going to be helping you move in! It has felt so nice that people are looking forward to our arrival. When I spoke to the truck company guy again today he was so accomodating about delivery of the truck and let me know that the elders quorum would be there tomorrow night for us. When I asked for help I mentioned that just a couple guys to help with the heavy stuff would be plenty, but they're sending more than that!
It feels good to know that the ward knows we're coming and is ready to welcome us in! That makes the whole moving process that much better!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad to hear/read from you! So far, randomly throughout the day, Bailey will get sad and say "I miss Emma". She even asked if one day while Jeremy was at work, if we can fly to California to visit. Too cute! Glad to hear things are going well! Keep us updated on everything!

D.Suth. said...

That's really nice of your ward. :)

Where does your sister live in OC? That is where I am from!

The Beecrofts said...

Let me know what you think when you get there! We miss you. How is your sis feeling?

Shanda said...

THAT.IS.AWESOME. YAY!!! to a cool ward!!

Ammieloris said...

I'm so glad they are taking good care of you there, because I miss you here. :)