You can usually tell how a person writes from the way they talk. Most who know me can expect a ton of exclamation points when I blog, write email, facebook, letters, etc. I'm an exclaiming person! HAHA-I just now remembered the Seinfeld epsiode with Elaine and the whole issue of when it's appropriate to add exclamation points. That's soooo funny! But anyway. Dave, on the other hand, is NOT an exclaiming person. I don't think ever in my life I have seen him express himself in exclamation.
One of the areas in our marriage in which we're so opposite is our enthusiasm for things. I get spazzy, he's still just calm and cool. Early on in our marriage I would get quite frustrated when I would think of the PERFECT gift and eagerly await his reaction, only to get a nice smile and simple thanks. When we're doing fun things I get giddy and make dolphin sounds (that one's for you, roomies)-I get so excited sometimes I feel like I'm going to explode! You know, like something inside you just wants to jump out of your body in joy? Dave hardly cracks a smile. I have to ask him if he's excited, and he just looks at me like-you're expressing enough excitement for the both of us.
So, you can imagine my amazement when I come home, sit down on the computer, and see an instant message from Dave saying this:
"Rich is getting engaged!!"
This is so much a shock and momentous occassion that Rich got a DOUBLE exclamation point from Dave.
*I haven't heard anymore from Dave, so I'm not quite sure if the engagement has happened already or if we're acting excited prematurely, but I'll give this a HUGE
"WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
(I'm generous with my exclamation points)
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
That's awesome. :) I think I have to make a conscious effort to not have exclamation points everywhere. (Note: 2 simple 'periods' rather than said exclamation points.) So when I DO decide to EXCLAIM, I go a little nuts-o!!! I don't know this Rich character, but I'm completely excited for his engagement now!
haha! Okay, knowing how you both talk, this was hillarious. You put it so well into words! :) And I don't know who Rich is, but apparently this is some pretty exciting news. Yea for Rich! :) :) :)
P.S. Yes, I want your MMF recipe. I used store bought fondant for the cake b/c I had tried a marshmallow one earlier in the week as a test and it completely stuck to the table when I rolled it out. I'm sure I could have learned from my mistakes and made it work the second time around, but I was out of time and didn't want any disasters on my hand at the last second. :)
so cute! i love your blog-you will show my how you do this digital scrapbooking thing. youre great at it!
ok i cannot spell-i meant that you will have to show me how you do this digital scrapbooking thing!
Funny you should blog about exclamation points. Today my problem TA commented on the email I sent out to ALL the TA's - she took offense to how many exclamation points I had in the email. What was I exclaiming about? The number of missing items in the kitchen labs within 3 days. I think that is something to exclaim and jump up and down about - don't you? (question mark)
ps - thank you for defending the exclamation mark - I use it a lot too - you must be my daughter!
pps - happy to hear Rich is engaged!
hey i was wondering how big you make that picture that you put over your fireplace? I wanted to make one for my parents and also where do you print it off? Do you do it mated or just like a normal pic? Hope you are enjoying california and excited for a non snowy winter!!
lol I laughed at this one....my dad's the same way :)
Happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!! (It warrants many exclamation points!)
Post a Comment