I've been able to be home more than usual these past few days and I've realized that Bree can talk. So since I think this is a sign of her exceptional giftedness I thought I'd share the dictionary of Bree.
Uhhhh. This is how she says Uh-oh. For some reason the oh never quite makes it and it's a very throaty uh. But she thinks it's great to throw things and say uhhhhh.
Da. Which of course means Dad. When I drive she likes to yell out Da!! and then I have to call back Bree!! It will go back and forth like that for a long time which is probably annoying to anyone else but I think it's cute.
Na. Which is No. She can actually say no sometimes but it usually comes out na. But she does shake her head when she says it and will sometimes shake her finger at you too.
Da. I know this is the same one as Dad but when she nods her head she's saying ya. And the sound is a little different. Some will say I'm stretching this one but it's real. She actually said yes this morning but I think it was an accident.
Boo or sometimes Ba. This is boo of course. She thinks this word is very funny and will laugh after saying it. She often times will hold a blanket in front of her face and do the peek-a-boo game at the same time.
There's not really a word for mom yet, which I tell Loralee means that Bree loves me more. I think she knows Emma has a name and will call for her but she hasn't settled into what to call her yet. There has been Eeeda, just Ma, or a whole slew of vowels that end in Da. She'll get it eventually.
But for 11 months I think that is pretty good. She has also been working on her growling which is useful for any wrestling she needs to do with Emma or me. She's definitely got some spunk and since she's almost as big as Emma is now I'm worried that she'll be picking on Emma soon. Hopefully they'll always love to play with each other as much as they do now. I'll have Loralee post some pictures of the two of them wrestling, it's funny to watch.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That is quite the vocab! It is so fun when they start to communicate. Oh and such cute pics of her in her pumpkin.
I love the fact that you (dave) post comments! I didn't get a chance to say farewell to you before we left- but I wanted to make sure to wish you both a Happy Thanksgiving, and a very Merry Christmas!!! We'll see you next year...haha:) Don't forget to post so we can keep up with you! Best Wishes
T
sounds so fun! but we're in columbus until Monday... please invite me again another time, and have fun!
That totally brought back memories of taking infant development together! I am impressed at what she can say at her age!
So, are you gone already? I'm coming to Cleveland this next Friday... I'll miss you, how sad.
dave - stop reading my blog and start getting ready for the ward party.
Post a Comment