Monday, November 12, 2007

nothin' new

The stomach flu plagued us TWICE-NO FAIR (just Dave and Bree got it twice-I ended up with it on Monday night)! All last week we just stayed around the house and relaxed (ie: watched movies all day). Emma was going CRAZY. She doesn't normally have school on Mondays, and Tuesday was a teacher day. So since she had the flu the Friday before, it had been almost a week before she was back in school, and boy, did she need that! Dave realized she needed some sort of stimulation, so a couple nights when he got home he took her out-bookstore and sporting goods store and Target. At least we're teaching her young how to shop! JUST KIDDING. Dave never buys anything, Mom's the one with the issues here. Being sick has been great for our budget b/c I was just too tired to think of all the things I needed to buy from Target.
I think winter is on its way in. We've had some really windy days-enough wind to strip the trees bare. And I think we're all dreading what winter means...gloomy dark days, cold windy weather, and lake effect snow. Usually Lake Erie is almost frozen over by end of Nov/beginning of December. When it's frozen, that means we don't get the crazy lake effect snow. But it hasn't been freezing, so we're going to get some nutso storms this winter. My friend Chrissy said that's what happened their first year here and they had the worst winter ever. Good thing I'll be going to California for a month! Here's a cute picture of the girls looking out the window at the wind.


So Bree HATES anything that will keep her warm. Socks, shoes, jackets, hats, etc. I have tried multiple pairs of socks (tall ones, short ones) and different shoes (boots with velcro or zippers, shoes with velcro and laces), hats (beanies, snow hats with under chin straps)-she can get them ALL off! We're not gonna be able to go ANYWHERE this winter if this child doesn't learn to like those things. I even put tights on her one day and she was sitting in her car seat while I was driving, screaming as she was pulling on the toes to get them off. She pulled so hard that the crotch of the tights came down and her leg came up and then she pushed it back down through the OTHER leg of the tights-that made her REALLY mad! I finally got a hat on her last week and had her wear it around the house. Once I get her attention away from the fact that she's wearing a hat, she kind of forgets. And she looked SO CUTE! I have to say, with a hat on, she looks a lot like Emma. So here's a picture of Bree in a hat and Emma in a bonnet-their faces look so similar!






5 comments:

chrissy said...

she does look like emma with a hat! i never thought they looked alike until now. funny.

oh, and beware of warm falls! hopefully we don't have 128" again.

Laurel said...

They really do look so alike! That cracks me up that Bree takes off all her "winter gear". I think Isabel is learning this one early-on, too. Good luck getting better out there!

Haley said...

Hello! I am alive, just have a slight camera problem and can't seem to get pictures off it. So I am just waiting for Matt to help me fix it! There WILL be a posting very soon, don't you worry.

Alifinale said...

Ooh...I don't envy the winter you have ahead of you. I am sure when necessary Bree will learn to love her winter gear. Sorry you guys have been sickos. Hopefully you are done with that until next year!

Ashlee and Shane said...

Sick twice?! That is awful! Okay, now you are making me nervous about the weather. I heard that this winter is supposed to be warmer than usual... i am trying to convince myself it won't be bad. Last winter was not fun. I don't like the winter's here b/c they are so gloomy!
Tanner won't keep on his socks or shoes or hats either! He keeps at it until it is off!