Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter

We started a new tradition this year-Spring Day! We decided that we'd like to focus on the Savior on Easter Sunday, but that we didn't want our kids to miss out on the fun of the Easter bunny and other activities. So every year, on the Saturday before Easter, we'll be having Spring Day-complete with brunch, visit from the Easter bunny, egg dyeing, crafts, etc. During preparations for this, we discovered Bree's new trick...



She can get up, but can't get down. But she usually likes what she sees when she gets up, so she'll stay for a while before complaining :)

We tried to get pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses-these little redheads look so pretty in yellow! Of course, Bree won't cooperate. So here's how it panned out...












nope-not sitting still for some stupid pink bunny...




I'm outta here!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously laughing looking at these!!! They are such characters and yes-we need to hear Bree speak!

Francis Family said...

They look so cute- I love the yellow! Emma just makes me laugh. She is just such a sweetheart!

Rachel said...

LOVE the dresses. We did yellow this year too. Your girls are so beautiful!

Unknown said...

We have always celebrated the "worldly" side of Easter on Saturday...it's the only way to go. Not only does it help to make Jesus the center of the Sabbath, but it gets all of the hustle and bustle out of the way.

The girls DO looks awesome in yellow. Those shots of Emma are great. I wish Bree would have cooperated a little better, but I am sure that these pictures will have their value someday....yeah, like someday when they actually will sit STILL for a picture!:)

Alifinale said...

They look so cute in their yellow! I think the not so perfectly posed pics are the best - that is all I ever get these days.

Ammieloris said...

What great pictures! I love the sequence. I also like your idea for separating celebration and worship.

AnnCP said...

The girls look adorable...Emma is quite photogenic...Bree will regret her lack of cooperation in years to come....

mom

The Beecrofts said...

Very cute. I had a second today and read through the last few blogs that I missed. It is really fun to be here in AZ defrosting, but I'm bummed we are missing fun things, like Easter, with our friends. Thanks for allowing Matt to third wheel with you guys to Texas Roadhouse. He had a good time. He is flying here today. Well, we will try to get some sun for you!
Kyla

Mindy said...

Why do you get the red headed children and I don't? :)

Haley said...

Maybe we'll get a red haired girl this time around... but I guess we won't know if she doesn't come already!!!
The girls look precious, now all you need is sunny warm weather.

Cathy said...

your girls are so pretty in yellow. especially against their fire red hair! i always wanted a red head with green eyes....no chance of that one ever huh?!? i LOVE the sequence of the pics. that is so hillarious!

Britt n Bran Arnow said...

your girls are so stinkin cute! I love the yellow Easter dresses.

Laurel said...

They look so pretty! Even if Bree's NOT cooperating quite as well as her big sis. Also, I am dying at the farting episode. Always a good story.

Kari said...

LOVE the dresses. Adorable faces, too! They have such expression and character! That last one of Emma reminds me of you, Loralee :) Good idea about the "Spring Day". We decided to do that too, (Easter Ensign, right?) :) Although, it's kind of hard to help the kids understand because of so many times they hear "Easter" and associate it with the commercial side. Austin actually calls the decorated eggs "easters". Hmm, he'll get it :) Miss you!!

Lolo said...

i love your idea! your girls are so adorable! it is so fun to now be able to spy on your life!

the phipps said...

So, So cute! I can't believe how big Bree is getting- she's not a baby anymore. I forget that she and Sam are just 2 months apart. I love the Spring-Day idea. It's hard to teach kids the real meaning of Easter when there are so many other things going on. PS i was laughing pretty hard at the fart post too :)