Thursday, March 20, 2008

Little Dancer

Here's one for the grannies and grampies. This is a regular occurance at our house. **NOTE: I tried posting a video clip of Emma dancing, but after multiple tries, it just won't work. Emma thinks that you get married by dancing (and going to the temple and getting a diamond). So she is constantly asking us to marry her, which means go dance with her. And it's only this song that she'll dance to (and she'll dance to the one on the Barbie Nutcracker movie)-it's a recording on the piano and I don't know the name of it...wish I did b/c I actually like it and would like to learn how to play it. Other Emma funnies lately...she was saying her prayers and in the middle of them stopped, then said, "Heavenly Father, can I please fly?" pause. "Okay, thanks!" Then last night she prayed for a pink pony. I told her that I didn't think that would happen. So she proceeded to tell me that she would then have to drive to the airport and get on an airplane so she can fly to Care-a-lot so that the CareBears could get her a pink pony. Surely they would help her cause! She's a kitty lately. Meows almost all day. I wasn't exactly happy when she licked me this morning. When she's not a kitty, she's watching over all her stuffed animals and dolls and putting them to bed and feeding them, etc. When I check on her before heading to bed, she's asleep at the end of the bed, no blankets or nothin'. But there are all her animals and dolls, tucked in nicely, heads on the pillow and using all her blankets. At least she's generous. :)

I've also been trying to get a video clip of Bree and her new, more understandable jabbering-she gets ALL the intonations right on Pat-a-cake. But now she thinks the camera is an enemy...I don't know why. The second I turn it on to get a picture or anything she glares and it and stops whatever cute thing I'm trying to capture. Too bad, because her harmonica playing yesterday was QUITE extraordinary and entertaining. She knows what I pay the most attention to and makes it her quest to harm those things...banging on the computer keyboard, calling China on the cell phone, wanting to play the piano ALL BY HERSELF-not on my lap. And she still has no hair and an orange nose. The 2 1/2 months of HE** we experienced produced A tooth-that's right, just one. Two more have since come, but there wasn't any fussiness involved. The hair-we really can't do much about that. I asked the doctor at her appt today about the orange nose. He said he really didn't have an answer for me. He said if her liver was really big he'd know what to tell me, but liver was fine, so he said just to wait it out-he was laughing at me the whole time b/c I was so worried about it. She is following in Emma's footsteps. She gained less than a pound since her 1 year checkup, and grew 1/4 of an inch. Bree is a funny baby, though. She laughs any time we tickle her now-it's like pulling teeth trying to get our girls to laugh. Don't know why. But she gets especially giggly right before I put her to bed. I'm glad to have my happy baby back!

4 comments:

The P*dunc's said...

I love hearing about the funny things that little kids say when they pray! They are so innocent, aren't they? And cute!

There is a baby in my ward with an orange nose, too. But I don't dare say anything to her mom about it, I don't want to hurt her feelings. Maybe if I get up the courage I will ask her for you...

Sherrie said...

I think your girls are so sweet Loralee...just fun, cute girls. It was fun to read about them! :) Especially Emma's little dolls and animals getting all the blankets. :)

Ammieloris said...

That sounds so adorable! I love those cute stories. (My niece has an orange nose.)

Allan Latham said...

Dave & Loralee -- I sit at my computer and read the stories and look at the photos and laugh myself silly -- and sometimes get teary-eyed thinking I wish we were closer to enjoy those two angels in person.

Keep up the good work! We love and miss you terribly.

Dad

P.S. A pink pony may appear yet.