Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our latest happenings

I know I'm a blog slacker. Don't be a hater.

One highlight of January was that Matt & Kyla came to visit us!!! And we're lame. The only picture we took of the whole weekend was one I took of them in front of their old apartment in Wymount. It's hard to take pictures when you're LAUGHING THE WHOLE TIME! They came in on a Thursday evening and we made sure to get them to Tucanos quickly :) Friday we went to BYU campus to see the old stomping grounds, then we headed up to SLC to meet up with Paul and Anna for a date. The three musketeers together again!! There's something magical that happens when we're all together. We've hung out with P & A a couple times since we've moved back and I feel like I'm cheating on Kyla or that I'm betraying her or something :) Do you feel like that Anna? We went to Macaroni Grill and there were moments that I thought I might pee my pants we were laughing so hard. Guys-I can't wait for our "cruise" (wink wink). Then on Saturday Dave & Matt went skiing and Paul was nice enough to watch the kids while the girls went to the outlets! Then we all met back up at the Jackson family condo in Midway. Of course, it was the weekend of the blizzard! So we were surrounded by a TON of snow! It was so gorgeous. The condo was a great place for the kids to play (aka, not sleep) and we stayed up sooooo late. M & K had to leave early the next morning-boo. Thanks for coming you two! These 2 couples are lifelong friends and I just love them so much.

We also had a great valentine's day, complete with awesome cookies I made. I found a great glaze recipe. Now if only I can remember where I found it. And I made some more clothes for the girls and a shower curtain which I LOVE. We've gotten together with a lot of friends and family and I've even gone to a few girls nights (and totally looking forward to a girls trip!!). We're finally getting into the swing of things here. I'm serving in the Young Womens at church and it is so much fun and I love the girls and women I work with!

Bree started preschool and gymnastics-she's a big girl...and I have a couple hours on tuesdays and thursdays ALL TO MYSELF! I cleaned today. yay. But I'm so happy that she's doing this-she needed some sort of stimulation. She is so funny. We have a walmart down the street, which I frequent quite often. It's a quiet, unbusy walmart. The second we walk in she starts performing. People just start laughing when she walks by...or I should say "prances" by. She does shoulder shimmies and struts and does twirls all down the aisles. All while singing made up songs at the top of her lungs. I love this girl.

And Emma came home from school with a new story. I didn't know about it until we were doing something in the kitchen and she randomly asks me if I knew that we all have invisible buckets. She goes on to explain that some people are bucket fillers and bucket dippers. When you do nice things and are kind and respectful you are being a bucket filler. When you are mean and rude then you are a bucket dipper. She is quick to point out when we are being bucket fillers or bucket dippers. It's become her new way of scolding Bree. Bree "aggravates" Emma quite often, and Emma has now resorted to scolding Bree with, "BREE!! You are being a bucket DIPPER!!!" She is growing up so fast. She's already started learning about doing the splits (remember those days on the playground??) and she's constantly talking about wiggly teeth and learning to tie her shoes. I don't think I'm quite ready for this yet...

2 comments:

AnnCP said...

Ahh, come on - you have been ready for this since you were born! Enjoy the ride of children growing up and treasure each moment. It goes by way too fast. Thanks for a lovely birthday party! It was good to laugh and visit. I love you!

Buffy said...

it's so fun hearing about your fun moments with the girls. I miss your whole family. :( Kids do grow up fast. It's kind of crazy! Take care