Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summertime Fun

Catching the water...


...to drink it...
...and wash my hair with it...
"What hair?" you might say-I'll just have you know that our little Miss Bree has a full blown curly mullet, and it is BEAUTIFUL in all it's frizzy glory. I will understand that girl's pain when she is older and any humidity makes for a bad hair day. But there are little curlies back there and I AM NOT CUTTING IT!
Enjoying some summertime popsicle treats...

Bree in the new dress I made-Emma wasn't cooperating to take pictures-Bree's wondering, "what's the fuss?"
This is the girls new game-roll off the couch onto their heads. They get a kick out of it-I just wait for one of them to start crying because it hurts.

And it's finally happened. I never thought Emma would do it-she's never been the curious child that gets into everything and she's usually so obedient! But in her early-morning boredom before Mom and Dad are awake, it was bound to happen. She wanted to comb her own hair, but when the comb got stuck in her snarlies, what was she to do??! Cut it, of course! She pried open the drawer with the child lock on it to reach in and get the scissors (which she has NEVER done before) and voila! So our good friend Celeste saved the day with a cute bob (shown in later pictures).


We went to Patterson's Farm on Saturday to enjoy the outdoors. There used to be a golf course behind the store, but they turned it into trails, and we had them all to ourselves! The girls started out in the stroller, then Bree wanted OUT. She carried her blankie for a bit, but then she wanted to be a helper! Towards the end we heard a rumble, so we quickly put the girls back in and started running! We didn't get too drenched, but it was enough to make us laugh and feel a little like kids playing in the rain!



Emma gets a little crazy at church :) I think they were learning about being grateful for their eyes, and I LOVE how her teachers taped the paper glasses to her forehead. She wants us to put them back on her when she wakes up in the morning. I'd love to see some reactions to THAT when I take her out in public!
Since we had a "moment" of sunshine after church, we drove to the Case farm to take some pictures of the girls...
Umm...can I go over THERE? I think I'm done with pictures!
Emma's still looking out the window...Bree just wants something to smell so sweet!








This one's for Dad and Mom-here's our FLOURISHING garden! It's so pretty to look at and Emma loves noticing the new things sprouting up through the dirt!

15 comments:

AnnCP said...

The girls look adorable! And your garden look wonderful! Maybe plan on green beans alone! But get those tomatoes going! You guys are doing a great job of growing things at your house!

love ya,
mom

Unknown said...

Yeah love the photos and the garden and the fact that you were still sleeping when your daughter was awake....awesome awesome. And the bob is cute.

The P*dunc's said...

I have GOT to know what pattern you used for those dresses. It looks like there are no button holes or zippers. Please don't say there are...

Camie said...

Hey Loralee-
I found you on Connie's blog and thought I would just pop in and say hi! Your girls are gorgeous. Hope things are going well for you and your family. I'll make sure to check in every so often and see what's up.

lramey said...

ummmm, you're going to make me some dresses like that you said? ok, i'll take 14! That is the cutest thing EVER!!!!!!

I'm so sad for you that Emma cut her hair, but her new hair cut is DARLING!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

fabulous garden- i won't even try, i'll ruin it, just by thinking about it.

I'm so happy that you're going on a girls trip!!! you're going to have so much fun and the Mr. is going to be soooo thankful for you when you get home!!!!

Mindy said...

LOVE the pictures of the girls. My favorites are the ones where they are walking and we are looking at their backs. Love the haircut and love the garden! How fun!!

Karen Kunzler said...

You should enter the picture of the girls holding hands walking, it is so beautiful and sweet. Maybe I should just BUY it from you and frame it!!! SO SO SO CUTE!!!!!

Shanda said...

Your girls are so beautiful!!! GREAT PICTURES!

Britt n Bran Arnow said...

Wow, those are such cute pictures! It was good to see you guys the other day! We totally need to get together since we live so close to you now!

Ashlee and Shane said...

okay, your girls are soooo cute! i love the pics you took of them at case farm! i would so love to be able to take pics of them! :)Emma's new haircut is sooooo darling!! i love it! i wish i could do that with mine! :)

Sherrie said...

I love the dress you made Bree...I saw her at church in it...and KNEW that you had made it! It is so cute! :) And Emma's hair looks so cute like that. :) So far Brooklynn hasn't cut hers, but like you said...I'm just biding my time. :)

the phipps said...

I love the new haircut, I love the dress you made for Bree, I love the matching church dresses and am wishing right now that James was a girl so I could buy matching dresses ...and I love the glasses taped to Emma's forhead! That's hilarious. Miss you too!

The Beecrofts said...

Great pictures. The rolling off the coach onto their heads is so funny- stuff like that happens at our house ALL the time. (If you lay down there, I'll jump on you! Followed by an OK!)

gregandlaura said...

Those pics are so precious!! Love them!

Kari said...

Oh the hair! Did you just die?? Wow--lucky you, that she has not been curious getting into things until now. Funny that she was so desperate to break through the child locked drawer. The paper glasses great and that smile is hilarious! Love the popsicles pictures where they can just get slimed and nobody cares because they're outside. Those pictures of them in the dresses is so stinkin' beautiful. How fun to have 2 girls! Congrats on the garden. Mine are all dead, I think. AHhhh. Love you, Loralee
Kari
P.S.I finally posted about my jobs!