Tuesday, August 5, 2008

NYC!!!

Well, we returned in one piece. We still love our children (kind of). HUGE thanks to Emily for letting us stay at her apartment, aka, the "Toy House." I think the girls were happiest when we were there! Since we had kids, we had to pick and choose where we were going to "explore." We saw a lot of the Times Square/Central Park/5th Avenue area and a bit of the financial district. Bree was a crazy child and hated sitting in the stroller, so we had to work around that. I really wish I had a leash for her-but even if I did I don't know that we would have been able to let her walk around-she would have been trampled! So as often as we could we let her loose :) So here's the slideshow. I'll have to take some pics of our New York souvenirs/treasures. I'll post that later :) After NYC we headed to Washington DC so Dave could go to a continuing education course. We stayed in Virginia and all weekend it was TAX FREE DAYS! I went to the outlets :) Sadly, I didn't go in to DC to see any of the sites. After walking around NYC with the 2 girls and a husband I didn't think I could do it without Dave to help. Maybe another time. FUN TRIP AND GREAT MEMORIES! I'm glad we went and experienced it--next time, NO KIDS ALLOWED!

9 comments:

Alison said...

You guys are so adventurous! It looks like you had a great time. Have fun on your girls trip. I hope that my suggestion is a good one.

Karen Kunzler said...

If you need more tax free shopping head over to Oregon!!!! It is tax free EVERYDAY!!!!! Glad you guys had a great trip (a little jealous I have to admit)!

Anonymous said...

Love the new look!!!

Gavin and Shawna said...

Ohhhh...Blast from the past. There is so much fun stuff to do there. We used to take Christian everywhere. I am not sure how it would have been with 2 bunchkins...maybe thats the diff. PLUS...you have to go without kids so you can hit a broadway show.
Glad you got to see NY...do your feet hurt?!

Shanda said...

I had no idea you guys were in NYC! SO FUN! And I can't believe you braved that with kids- CRAZY!!!

Jeanette said...

I too love NYC; so much going on all the time! I have two questions: 1. where did you get your girls' cute striped pink and yellow dresses, and 2. where did you get your floral backpack/diaper bag? Super cute!

Adam and Jess said...

That's what I'm talking about. I can't wait to see places like that while we're here. We didn't travel a ton when we lived in AZ but with everything so close, how could we pass it up? We'll have to set up something sometime to come see you.

The P*dunc's said...

Looks like fun!

Love the new look of your blog, veddy cute!

the phipps said...

Fun trip- I'm jealous! Aren't kids the best! They always make things more interesting and more memorable.