Saturday, July 26, 2008

Where have we been?

Bree is a happy baby again. She cracks us up. She has decided that she doesn't want to go to bed at 6pm anymore (I know, it was good while it lasted!). So now she babbles up in her crib when we put her to bed at 6, then the babbling turns to screaming, which we have figured out to mean that she has thrown everything, including the binky, out of the crib. So we go upstairs and the second we open the door, we're laughing our heads off. Last night I found her sitting on the squished bumper pad with her legs sticking out of the bars, swinging. And by that time of night I've usually regained some sanity so I'm happy to see her, so I pick her up and she proceeds to "beep beep" my nose and her nose, poke my eye and say "eeeeeyyyyyeeee" and point to my mouth and do that funny lelelelele noise that babies do-you know which one I'm talking about? So, I love her again :)

We were so lucky to have my grandparents and extended family come through on a church history tour. They came to our house after a long day in Kirtland for a bbq. Then the next morning I was lucky enough to go meet with Brother Anderson and the family at the Isaac Morley farm to talk about the things that happened there. AWESOME information. And after that we all piled back into the cars and checked out the quarry that the temple rocks came from, went to sacrament mtg at the Kirtland building, ran through pouring rain back into the cars (I was DRENCHED), at which point we drove to the John Johnson farm. Richard Holtzapfel was with my grandparents in one car and we all had walkie talkies in our cars, so he would talk about EVERYTHING in the area, whether church-related or Amish-related, over the walkie talkies while we drove. That man knows EVERYTHING! That was a great day.

We headed to Cedar Point the next day with some of the family that stuck around. They were lucky enough to have kids old enough to go off on their own :) They were SOOOO nice to play with the girls while Dave and I stood in line for Dragster. I know they do that family pass thing, but to be honest, unless you have friends to go with, it's not much fun going on a ride by yourself. It was a REALLY hot and sunny day and the girls weren't so happy about it, so we'll be trying that again without kids. At least Emma got to go on a ton of rides! And Bree was big enough for a couple of them too. Of course, she screamed her head off when she saw Emma going on rides and SHE wasn't on them, hence the red eyes and snotty nose in a couple of the pics when she finally got to go on a ride :)



Can you tell this is the last ride of the day? Everyone was a bit hot and tired...



Dave's off for 3 weeks, so this last week we've tried to play "vacation." We went to see Kung Fu Panda and went to Geauga Lake. When we got home Emma took off her swimsuit and put on panties, but nothing else. But she wanted to go outside! I thought her shoe selection was pretty funny.





And tomorrow we go to NYC!!!!!! I'm so so so so excited. Our awesome friends have a sister that lives there and we get to stay at her place (we're friends with her too-we're not THAT weird!). We've checked out books about things to do with kids and tried to plan things so we can see stuff but have happy kids. So...we'll see you in a week!

8 comments:

Shanda said...

I'm glad you love your baby again :) And it sounds like you've been having some good times, FUN!

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

have tons of fun!!! and the pics with bree in the water are soo cute!! and the one of emma riding her bike with her back turned so u can see her tan line i love it! lol sounds like u guys are having tons of fun!! see u when u get back!

Camie said...

Way cute pictures of Bree playing in the water. Maes you wonder how she could ever have made you want to pull you hair out. :0) I'd say she's a keeper!!!!

the phipps said...

Love all the pictures! I'm excited to hear that you will be out here for Thanksgiving! I'm sure you guys will be super busy but I hope we can get together at least once :)

Karen Kunzler said...

I love the tan line on the half naked cutie!!!! Classic for that age.

Alaska Massey said...

We have so many panty pictures of our girls. They love running around naked. So, I loved Emma's tricycle pictures. Looks like you are having a fun summer. Take care of those cute girls.
Angela

Unknown said...

The underwear and boots and tricycle are craking me up.

I have always wanted to go to NYC...I am waiting until I can go without the kids though...hope you still managed to have a good time.

Kari said...

LOve the half dressed look. ALWAYS like that at our house! LOVE how Bree is bored of bed time. I always laugh my head off too when I come in to see Keira's legs swinging out the side too! Hahaha! You're going to Utah for Thanksgiving?? When are you headed to Cali?