Monday, October 27, 2008

confession

I guess I've just gotta bite the bullet on this one. It's driving me crazy, but I'M NOT A GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER!!! No matter what I do, I can't take a good picture. I thought that if we got a better camera then things would be different. Nope. Why is it that if I look through the viewfinder, JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE, my pictures turn out yucky? It doesn't matter how much I read in the manual and try to do everything it says, I can't get a good picture. I'm not saying I'm this fabulous person, but usually if I try something I can do it. AND I CAN'T DO THIS! This is going to bother me for a while.

3 comments:

AnnCP said...

Picture taking isn't always technical - there is ART and DESIGN concepts that you have to consider. Balance is important when taking a still shot. Photography is not something you can see and do - it is a process of learning how to capture moments - and then work with photoshop to enhance and 'glorify' the picture. Sometimes a picture you take - there is only a 1" square that is worthy for reproduction. Don't be hard on yourself. This may be a challenge for awhile. You do so many other things so well, so be patient with yourself. And be thankful for digital - so you can 'delete' rather than pay for all the practice shots!!!

Gavin and Shawna said...

I don't believe it...something that LoFLo can't do?? I think you are mistaken!!
ps...I havent seen a pic of your hair color??!!

Ashlee and Shane said...

Well, i think that you take good pictures! But, of course you knew that you can't expect to take good pics right away...it does take time to learn how to get a good image! :) You will get it! Trust me. Even so, there will still be so many times where you feel like you aren't good, but you really are. :)Even after a year of taking pics i still feel i have sooooooo much to learn. It is a never ending learning process.