I did the tag on facebook and here it is for non-facebookers. And since I refer to it a lot, my "status" on facebook is "Loralee Packard Latham has a lot of life-altering decisions to make. I should go to bed first."
Everybody's doing it. I held off for SOOOO long, but it's really late at night and I should be going to bed, so OF COURSE I'm doing this!
1. I hate being cold. Hate Hate Hate it.
2. I like to talk about myself, but not because I think I'm so great. It's because I'm waiting for the person I'm talking to to say "me too!!" and make a connection with them. I'm all about connections.
3. I love love love color. My house right now doesn't quite reflect that b/c we knew we would be selling it eventually so I had to tone it down. Dave and I might end up having words about this b/c I want a bright colorful house and he wants a log cabin.
4. I secretly wish I could be a more eclectic dresser, kind of like my sis Juju (when she worked at Tight Assets-hee). I coud dress all sorts of ways if I had her cute little bod. But alas, babies have not been kind to me. I'm workin' on it people.
5. Like the other sis Kimmy, when I find a song I like I listen to it over and over and belt it in the car and at home while I'm making dinner. Emma got mad at me the other day for singing too loudly.
6. I'm easily influenced by the things I read, hear, see on tv, etc. But ultimately, I'm extremely opinionated.
7. I read a lot. Books and magazines and internet. If you need to know anything, I've probably read about it somewhere at some point in my life. Don't test me on this, though. As you can see in my "status" I have too many life-altering decisions to make to be thinking about what I've read in the past. :)
8. I know this is more about Dave than me, but holy cow that man can make me laugh, and I love it. The other day we were watching tv and the ads for the upcoming news segment kept coming up, and they kept trying to lure us in with "find out what the BIGGEST turn off is when dating!" (ya, slow news day). So I turned to Dave and jokingly said, what's your biggest turn off on our dates. Not kidding, completely straight faced he says, "when you talk." I know he feels good about his one liners when he starts laughing too. And maybe that doesn't make you laugh, but if you know dave, you can just picture how it all played out, and I KNOW you're laughing too.
9. Even when Bree and Emma exasperate me during the day sometimes, I can't go to bed without peeking in on them and giving them a kiss (and possibly waking them up).
10. I wish I could "let go" more often-like do things out of the ordinary or be more spontaneous. It's not that I'm not willing, it's just that we haven't ever had the "resources" ; ie, babysitters, money, babysitters, money, you know-babysitters and money-you usually need both in our situation.It doesn't do you any good to have one without the other. And by "not willing" I mean anything that doesn't involve extreme heights.
11. I have a super good memory when it comes to people and names, so I'm always worried that people think I'm a stalker. I'm not.
12. I'm not very girly. I've had 2 manicures and 1 pedicure in my life. I just recently got my first massage and that was okay. I don't paint my nails or wear a lot of jewelry. I'm most comfortable in jeans and a sweatshirt (okay, I'll be honest SWEATPANTS and a sweatshirt). And if my hair wasn't so thick, I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it. But I still like girly things and getting dressed up and looking nice. sometimes.
13. I secretly wish I was a dancer. More specifically a ballroom dancer. Even more specifically, that Dave liked it and we would go dancing together. Sigh.
14. I blog in my head. If I don't "turn off" my brain by reading something meaningless before going to bed, I wouldn't be able to sleep b/c I would be blogging in my head. Or writing mean letters to people who hurt me. Or having conversations with the lady who flipped me off on the freeway. All in my head.
15. I really wish I was a morning person who could wake up at 6 and workout and get going for the day. But then I wouldn't be able to write 25 random things about me at 11pm on facebook!!
16. When the kids are grown I think I'll go to culinary school.
17. I have a dream. It is to own a Viking stove. Hopefully I'll attain that dream before going to culinary school. But owning a Viking stove is all dependent on one of those "life altering decisions" mentioned in above "status".
18. I really wish I could take back some of those times I followed a crowd and made fun of a kid or said something I didn't mean back in the day. As I've gotten older and wiser (haha) I've realized how much words can affect people. And now, as a parent and as someone who sees abuse on a regular basis (I live in Cleveland-just can't avoid it!), it breaks my heart to think of some of the kids we knew growing up who were most likely being abused physically or verbally. I wish I could change that.
19. I love St. Judes. Do you ever hear the marathons they do on radio stations to raise money? When we are totally rich one day I will be donating to my church and St. Judes.
20. I love my family. Dave and the girls are my life. Dave is my "dream guy." And I love seeing that Emma is exactly like him and Bree is exactly like me. I like knowing that even though we have family fights and drama, we have a strong foundation and we're doing really well. There's nothing we can't handle as a family.
21. I like to do anything crafty. Well, not knitting. I just can't seem to get into that. I've tried. Oh, and maybe candle or soap making. And if that makes me a typical mormon mom, then so be it. I'm okay with that. When I'm creating, whether it be food or clothes or scrapbooks or cards or whatever, I feel fulfilled.
22. I like to listen to really intense, complicated piano pieces and envision myself playing them. I just don't think my short stubby fingers lend themselves to that type of playing. But I'm practicing!
23. Sometimes when it's really cold here I'll drive down the street while looking up (I'll check out the road every once in a while!) and picture myself looking at the sky in someplace warm. Sure I could STAND outside and do that instead of driving, but that would require me to be OUT in the cold. For further explanation, see #1. This works best on a sunny day.
24. I'm addicted to sugar. If anyone knows a cure, I'm all ears. And a cure cannot involve never eating sugar again.
25. I'm a pretty hopeful person. Sure, I get down every now and then and need to cry. But for the most part, I'm optimistic.
woowee. I'm surprised I came up with all of that. this took a LONG time! and congrats if you read it all the way through :)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow! That was very informative. I can see why that would take you so long. I like that tag better than the high school tag!
Hey! Me too!
I could say that about a lot of the things you wrote, especially the hate being cold thing and the remembering people and being worried they'll think I'm a stalker. Do you ever know exactly who someone is but play like you don't for a bit while you help them "figure out" how you know each other so you don't look so creepy? I do.
I TOTALLY do that! hehe
some things i realized and others were new....nice work~
So...what's the hold up with the big decisions? Waiting for more info? Better offers? Closer to grad??
Ummm... so this post was my first intro to your blog, and to you. And I must say, I LOVED IT! :) I like the way you write, and its true; it was a very informative entry. There may be some things on your list that I could help out with ;-) Like babysitting... for free! But before you move. And crocheting or knitting. If you wanted, even though you feel like you can't. Let me know!
Post a Comment