...37 degrees feels SO SO SO WARM! I threw off my coat and wanted to go frolicking around outside! My car's temperature gauge ended up at 53 when I was done with my errands. WOOHOO!
Just the other day I was shoveling another foot of snow. During my "shoveling snow musings" I was somewhat angry at said snow. Honestly, you can only lift snow so high. And the piles in our driveway were about my height. I was wondering what big joke Heavenly Father thought He was playing on us, giving us so much snow that there wasn't any more space to put it. You know how one thought leads to another? Well, at that point I really had no hope that the snow would ever stop coming and was planning out how I would use my food storage during that time that we would be snowed in because THERE WASN'T ANY MORE SPACE TO SHOVEL THE SNOW. Heavenly Father must have felt my hopelessness and gave us a little warm-up here. Now the piles are only FOUR feet high. Our sidewalk in the front and the walkway up to the front door still aren't shovelable, though. Those are solid ice-it'll take a while before we see that concrete again. Not such a good thing for having open houses. We shoveled a path from the driveway across the grass to the front steps-hopefully people are down with that.
But I'll take 53 degrees!!! Now, if only it was 53 degrees AND sunshine...
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Is it not funny what sacrifice during grad school ends up being one of the biggest?? I thought all snowy places were the same?? UT, OH?? Guess not;)
You should move to Phoenix...it's been in the 80s this week. Granted, our summers are terrible, but that's when I go home for a month to Wisconsin to cool down. Sadly, we'll be moving this year, and most likely to those cold states with lots of snow. Not looking forward to that. But enjoy some beautiful snow for us.
Okay, you TOTALLY need to come visit me and go on walks in the sunshine :)
Post a Comment