Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Isn't she cute?


It's a little grainy-we scanned a picture that they printed out onto some photo paper for us. But it's cute! Emma has been having the time of her life this week at horse camp. The instructor and her daughter are AWESOME. And Emma is starting to use terms-today she "loped." Which means she went fast on her horse :) And she started the week petrified of dogs, but now she's obsessed with all the little dogs roaming the property. Funny thing, this little girl. A couple weeks ago we were at a farm supply store and there were these tiny little baby chicks. A man pulled one out for the girls to pet and they wouldn't touch them! Bree follows Emma's lead, so she saw Emma acting afraid, so she wouldn't do it. But Emma has no problem walking up to a massive horse!
The instructor takes pictures throughout the day and they print them all out and send them home each day. The kids decorated a book at the beginning of the week, so they're supposed to glue the pictures in the book and write about each picture. So we've been writing Emma's words, verbatim, into the book, and it's hilarious! What a great memory keeper for her. And they've been taking video footage that will be made into a DVD that we'll get at the last day of camp tomorrow. Emma's sad that tomorrow is her last day, and she asked tonight when she'll get to go back. I would LOVE to move forward with her taking lessons, but we'll have to wait a bit for a job before we sign her up. This has been such a positive experience for her, and I love the instructor and her daughter! I think we've made some lifelong relationships here :)
I'll post more pics after her "show" tomorrow, when we get to come watch the kids perform what they've learned. I'm glad Dave won't have to work, so he can come watch her and see what a confident girl she has become!

4 comments:

Snarr mama said...

How fun is THAT! Maddie would be SO jealous if she saw this! What a lucky (and adorable) girl.

Sherrie said...

Wow, that is so awesome that she has had such a fun week! :) You are such a good mom Loralee, I admire the way you find things your girls are interested in...and then find ways for them to pursue those interests. Way to go!

Shanda said...

K- too much to comment on each and every post :) BUT- I LOVE all the things your cute girls say! And SAD that she's moved on from Po-way, but so cool that a favorite food is SALAD!!! and I LOVE the picture at horse camp! And you saw whales?! How cool is that?! I'm so glad you're loving living there!!!

jaymie said...

she is cute! she looks so tiny on that big horse.