Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Familial Confusion

Sweet little Emma. Tonight I was talking to her about learning to spell her last name. I spelled out my name and showed her our last name and asked her to tell me the letters. I thought I was being such a good parent and told her how the "th" makes a different sound than just a t and h separately. So then I asked her to write her last name. She looks at me and asks "what is it?" I kind of laugh at her and say, what do you think?? She eyes me carefully and says, "sleeping beauty?"

Nice. I laughed and she retorts, "What's wrong with having sleeping beauty as my last name??!"

Good question. What IS wrong with having sleeping beauty as your last name?

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Sounds reasonable enough to me!

Adam and Jess said...

It's funny how different girls are then boys. I remember there being a big kick about canning, but never got information on it. That's cool that you have a cooker, to share. I'd love any information you can send me on it. I did get the email and will be able to help out.I can't wait to see the pictures of the reception. It sounds like you were so busy. I didn't even know what some of that food was, the russian stuff? Sounds beautiful though.