Kimmy's bridal shower with just the family!


Some pics Dave took of us setting up for the reception-we worked HARD! Can't wait to see what the final pictures look like. I didn't even get my own picture of the cake I made! 

Let me tell you, we spent the week before the reception baking 400 mini cupcakes, 150 sandwich cookies, 4 batches of Russian tea cakes, MANY batches of frosting and fondant, lemon filling for the cupcakes, chocolate covered popcorn, wedding cake (top layer-the rest was fake), buying apothecary jars and TONS of yellow candy to go in them, sewing dresses and fabric panels for decor, getting plants, hanging lights and lanterns, setting up tables, having a bridal shower, putting together a "meet the family" dinner, dealing with a crazy neighbor lady, trying to find a house to rent (for our family) and SO MUCH MORE! But only the Packards can do this! (with help from Garrett's family, whom we LOVE LOVE LOVE!).
The day after the reception we were able to breathe. AM/Collins and family and Dave and the girls went on a hike to Stewart Falls in the morning. I could tell the Emma wasn't feeling too well, but I thought she was just tired from having fun all week. Well, they get back, we put Bree down for a nap and Emma was playing with the cousins and Dave and I headed over to look at a house in Cedar Hills. We got caught in game day traffic on the way back so I called the house. Just as I was talking to my sister, my brother walked into the house with Emma, coming back from playing at the park, and she threw up right then! GROSS!! I felt so bad that I couldn't even get there to help clean it up. It took us an hour to get home b/c of the traffic. When we got back my mom shoo'd us out the door to get to the BYU game. SWEET WOMAN-she stayed home and watched Emma so we could all go to the game. I felt so sad that Emma was missing out-she LOVES BYU and was bummed that she couldn't go. But Bree had a blast. It's not often that we get time with just one child, so while we missed Emma, we totally had a great time with Bree. It was a good game-lots of back and forth scoring, with BYU obviously winning :) We were in the sun and HOT, but all the cousins had a fun time and we loved being with everyone for something like this.
Luckily Emma was mostly over the sickness the next day for the drive home-still a fever but no throwing up. But lucky us, we got caught in traffic out of Vegas. Note to self-do NOT drive south on the 15 on a Sunday EVER AGAIN. I should've known there would be traffic there. So a 9 hour trip ended up being about 12 1/2 hours. But we made it to our awesome hotel down the street from Disneyland! Allan and Kris were supposed to be joining up with us and Patti, but Kris got pneumonia and couldn't make the trip. We were so bummed-we were really looking forward to the girls getting to go to Disneyland with Grandma and Grandpa, and it's never good when Kris gets sick. But we still had a blast with Patti, Alan, Ryan, Mari and Becca!
Emma got the meet the princesses that she didn't meet last time. We met Cinderella in March after a small show they do at California Adventure, and it was the same girl this time. She looked at Emma walking up, then looked at me and said, "I think we've met before-am I right?" She totally remembered us!! I thought that was so cute. 




We got to go on more rides this time and us parents utilized the fast pass and switched off-way fun. The kids had so much fun and weren't too whiny, which always makes for a nice day. We ended a little early and headed over to Downtown Disney-Emma was begging the whole time to go to Wetzels Pretzels-we did it both times before and that's what she remembered! And here's a pic of our sweet little Mari-she's SOOOOO cute. And so ITTY! I've never seen someone this little walking before (no joke, Adrienne, she's a month older than Eden and even SMALLER than her!).
All in all, a great trip. We're heading back to Disneyland before getting to Utah, just to utilize our annual pass a little more. I like having the pass b/c you don't feel like you have to jam everything into one day.
K-I'm done. Dave says I'm too chatty when I blog. But oh well. This is my blog and I'll be chatty if I want to. :)

7 comments:
A-men! You chat it up all you want! Aside from the sicky-poo little Emma, your trips look like they were absolutely perfect. You definitely need to put up a picture of your cake once you find one, too. :) You're a busy girl!
Sounds wonderful!! Wish I could have been in Utah..I always miss the best things. So glad you're moving to Utah. I think you'll love it. The girls too.
Whoa - that's a lot of being busy! And now you get to go home and start packing again??!!
Ok - I am tired just reading this blog. But truth is truth - you all worked your behindies off - and it was worth it. Love ya.
It was so wonderful getting to know you and the rest of your family. I loved hanging out and look forward to you moving here and having more opportunities to do so. I am glad you found my blog! It will be fun to keep up. I have pictures of the reception and the cake if you want me to send them to you. What is your email addresss? Mine is: chelle.elizabeth@gmail.com.
Cute blog! Hope you are well! Thanks again for a great week/end when we were all together, I really enjoyed it!
First of all- I thought that picture of Kimmy was you- wow you look a lot alike! 2nd- I'm soooooo jealous that you went to Disneyland AND that you're going back. I so want to go while its still magical for Kate but I'm afraid she's already out of the princess stage. Oh well, someday. Oh and 3rd- so jealous that you went to a BYU game! We have a hard time even watching them here :( I'm glad you guys are having fun amidst all the changes- good luck with the move!
So, you've picked a move date! Wow, life changes fast! I guess we won't see you at Disneyland in Nov, but maybe we will make it up to UT sometime. We miss you!
Kyla
Post a Comment