Saturday, October 31, 2009

a wedding

Here's the happy couple-aren't they CUTE?


The siblings...what you don't see is Von lifting his pants to show off his legs. ALMOST as sexy as ours...almost.
The sisters...aren't WE cute? hehe.

This picture is VERY indicative of our family. I'm just sayin'...

And then all the grandkids. Once again, notice MY children? They always ruin extended family pictures. Bree has this knack for looking away from the camera the second she sees one. And Emma just whines when we're trying to take family pictures. Just like her daddy.


And for those who care, here's the wedding I cake I did for my sister. I can see the imperfections, but I'm not going to point them out :)



Halloween pictures to come soon! I'm still a little overwhelmed from the effort of last year's costumes, and with the move I decided not to go overboard this year. But Emma's wig and Bree's costume DO look stinkin' cute.

Happy Halloween!

12 comments:

Laurel said...

You did SUCH a good job! And no, I don't see any imperfections. :) Can't wait to see your girls' Halloween pictures!

Aim Aug said...

Beautiful cake Loralee! Can't wait to see those costumes.

thekerrclan said...

The cake is beautiful -- as are the sisters!

Adam and Jess said...

It's funny that you all go through stages of coloring and trying out new things, but are all blonde right now. You guys can pull off all sorts of color though. Anyways, I wanted to tell you I'm SERIOUSLY impressed with the cake. Did you stencil that on? Is it frosting or what? How did you learn to do that? I watch Cake Boss, that show is amazing and if you've never seen it, you'd love it. I'm trying to get better at cake-making but have only had experience on our boys' cakes. Haven't tried fondant, but will in the future. It seriously looks amazing. Have you guys adjusted well to your move?I talked to Mandy about a week ago and she is moved back into her house but it still needs lots of repairs.

The Beecrofts said...

Fantastic cake. Really. It must have taken forever! Such great detail... I'm so happy you are quickly becoming an expert at yet another thing! By the way, you look great in the picture. You must be working out on the beach! I love you and miss you!

Shanda said...

WOW! Haven't checked your blog forever! AND YOU'RE BACK!!! YAY!!! I'm so glad it all worked out! The wedding was gorgeous and the trip to Disneyland looked SO FUN! I'm sure you and Kari are hanging out all the time in Cedar Hills :) WHAT A BLAST! Hope all is going good!!

Mike and Shannon said...

Way to go Loralee! I love the cake and the wedding was beautiful. We are coming to Utah for sure at Thanksgiving, keep us posted with your Disneyland trip!

jaymie said...

nice cake!

Alisha said...

*sigh* to have your legs. ;) The cake is amazing!

Julie said...

You did such a GREAT job! I'm very impressed!

Unknown said...

not sure what i like better..the cake or the silly photos.

Either way you should be proud of the cake and happy to be part of such a wonderful family.

Dave and Mel said...

Hey there! First of all- I second the comments on the cake and your legs..both look great :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write that sweet message on my blog. It really did help to hear other people's thoughts and I am feeling much better...still tired, but hopefully coming out of my little rut.
I haven't kept up very well lately, so i didn't even know that you moved to Utah!! I just read your blog for while, so I am up to speed, and it sounds like it was a great decision- congrats of the job- whew!!
We are really excited to be out in CA and just out West again! We would love to see you guys, but this break is going to be kind of crazy. We will probably be back in the summer so maybe we could get together then.
Wow, now I have written a "epilogue"- I think just a novel actually, as I just remembered that an epilogue is at the end of a novel, but I know what you meant :) thanks again and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!