Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Every last bite

Bree has really been into feeding herself, which would be great if she could have all the mac and cheese, goldfish crackers, or other dairy, cheesy stuff that's easy to give babies. But, alas, food allergies have, once again, hit our family. So, plain noodles it is. Who would have thought she would love them so much??!!

I've also started my digital scrapbooking class and I'm LOVING it already! I didn't realize it would be so easy-I think my experience with photoshop has helped. I'm not so creative when it comes to coming up with ideas on my own, but I can copy other people! Everyone did the same layout for the first lesson, but then some girls tweaked some things and posted them on the website, so I'm really excited to copy their ideas and let my creativity take off from there! Now that I know how easy it will be, I think catching up on our family and baby albums will be a piece of cake. If I could only get Emma to take an afternoon nap with Bree and I could have a little more time...

The girls have really been having fun together lately. I'm so excited to see them start playing with each other. Bree is ecstatic when Emma gets home from school and Emma is also excited to see her. They giggle and hug (okay, Emma attacks Bree and squeezes really hard) and shriek at the top of their lungs. They have little squealing fests which is pretty funny because their voices actually sound a lot alike. They squeal back and forth, louder and higher pitched each time. Good thing they only do it during the day when Dave isn't home. I think he'd lose his mind if he heard that over and over.

We have a lot to look forward to in our lives. This weekend we have a babysitter for a LONG time so Dave and I get to go to CEDAR POINT!!! WAHOO!! It's their Halloweekends which is supposed to be pretty cool. We're switching with our friends-we'll be watching their kids while they head to the Indians playoff game Thursday night. So neither of us feel bad that we'll both be gone until after 1 am.
And CHRISTMAS IS COMING!! I know, we've still got to get through Halloween and Thanksgiving, but this is gonna be a great trip. We're going home to California, and Dave's parents are driving down there for a week, and we'll get to see other friends and family that we haven't seen in a while. We've got some fun activities planned (harbor tour, Balboa park museums, etc) and I'm giddy about going Christmas caroling. And we'll get to celebrate Bree's 1 year birthday with all our family...could life get any better?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love the Beautiful layout. What a great picture. A picture does say a thousand words. I also cannot wait for Christmas!

Love you!
Adrienne

Tori said...

Hmmm...maybe you should have taken the intermediate class with me. However, I did find the fist week's lessons to be easier than I thought but learned TONS more in the following weeks. It is so addicting and SO FUN! Now, just got to get Adrienne going, huh?

p.s. I commmented on your LOs in the gallery. :)

Hatsuho said...

LOL, this is the first blog I've read written by a husband, and it was funny! I happened upon your site through someone else's in our ward. You and Jason Carr should compare your hobbit feet...
(chrisandhatsuho.blogspot.com)

Francis Family said...

Loralee very cute blog. I am very new to this, so hopefully I am doing this right, but I love the digital scrapbook pages! Where can I sign up?:)

AnnCP said...

Those pages are gorgeuous (did I spell that right?)

Haley said...

Hey guys! Just wanted to stop by and say hello... fun to catch up through our blogs. You'll have to email me and tell me when you are going to CA for Christmas because I might come for a weekend myself to visit in December... let me know!

Alisha said...

tell me more about the digital scrapbook stuff. I feel so overwhelmed with all fo the stuff I haven't done. I've only really finished my freshman year! AAUUUGGGHH