Tuesday, October 9, 2007

S'more great moments (hehehe)

We went camping on Friday night. Out here on the other side of the world conference doesn't start until noon, so we get to do something fun the night before without falling asleep during the morning session. If we fall asleep during the "morning" session it's because it's naptime...and not just for the kids!! Just kidding (okay, I'm really not-I KNOW I'm not the only one that's fallen asleep during conference!).


So, back to camping. The guys didn't get home until 5-ish, so it was dark by the time we got there, but that didn't keep us from making smores and dutch oven dessert at 10pm! One family came just for the evening, and the girls played around their "campfire" (the lantern) and the adults just got to talk. Overall, great experience for Emma, not so great for Bree. At around 3 in the morning, after she woke up the entire campground with her ear piercing screams (and scared off the bears-hehe), we strapped her in her carseat, put her in the car, and I slept on the front seat. I don't know why she slept so much better there than in the pack-n-play, but now we know! The next morning we had yummy sausage, eggs, and pancakes-breakfast just tastes better when you're camping! Then we played horseshoes while Emma and Elizabeth giggled in the tent. We snuck over to see what they were doing...they were playing dentist!! We had left some dollar bills, Dave's glasses, and the keys in a little pocket, and they were using the glasses as "goggles," the keys as instruments, and they were stuffing the dollar bills in their mouths as gauze. We've got it all on video-HILARIOUS. The whole time we were there those girls were inseparable. They held hands wherever they went, and wouldn't even play "duck and goose" (as Emma calls it) without sitting in a "spooning" position. Now Emma thinks that we're going camping with Elizabeth every night. She thinks the sun rises and sets on Elizabeth! Anytime we ask her who loves her, first answer? Elizabeth. Who does she love? First answer, Elizabeth. What are you going to do at church? See Elizabeth! Who's your favorite teacher at school? Elizabeth. You get the picture! I can't remember ever having a bosom buddy like that...anyone else remember their best friends when they were 3?

And here's another Emma funny-for Halloween we're going to be vampires, Bree's a "punkin" and Emma's a bat. We've told her what we're going to be, and of course she doesn't know what a vampire is, but now we have an idea of what she pictures a vampire is...she told Dave's dad we were going to be "vampirates." Hmm...interesting costume idea...

11 comments:

Mindy said...

You've been tagged! Go read my blog!

Mindy said...

AND love the camping story about Emma. She's so cute.

Laurel said...

Safe to say she has found her BFF. So cute! By the way, I need your email address because I have made my blog private. Email me at laurel.richarson@yahoo.com so I can send you the invite!

Anonymous said...

LOOOOOVE Emma! That is pretty darn cute. You have two future dentists right there. Heaven knows we NEED another dentist in the family! I wish I had you adventerous camping spirit. I won't go unless there are cabins. So sad huh? Love ya!

Adrienne

the phipps said...

Sounds like so much fun! Do you remember when we went camping when Kate was a baby? It would be so fun to go camping now with everyone! There would be like 30 kids! (ok not that many- but a lot) So when you move back to Utah... Ah, I wish.

lramey said...

so if it makes you feel any better, i only heard about, oh let's say, 45 min of the afternoon session on Sunday. Sawyer was NAUGHTY on Saturday night and I didn't get much sleep....it's okay right?

AJ said...

Ok, so more about us moving. Josh will be officially graduating from BYU in December, hence the crazy move in the middle of winter. He will have finished up his internship in Clinical Laboratory Science and we have a job at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. That will be about two years, after which we are still planning optometry school. Probably all craziness, but hopefully all good. Oh, and Emma is hilarious.

Davis Smith said...

So, we might travel every now and then (I'm not pregnant and we don't have a baby anymore, so we have to take advantage, right?), but I have been DYING to go camping. I keep telling Davis we need to do it. We live in Utah and I haven't even seen Moab or Zions! Ridiculous. You guys always do neat things and are such a fun couple to be with -- we miss you!

Alaska Massey said...

I love your camping pictures. We start conference at 8:00am, but we're done by 2:00, so I guess there are advantages to that too. We love you guys.

Rondo Family said...

Totally cute:) How fun to have kids that wake you up at 3 in the morning:)About the Arbonne, sorry, I've been super busy but I have everything for you and I'm sending it off tomorrow. Glad to see everything's going well for you guys.

Francis Family said...

Looks like a much better camping trip then our last outing!! The girls look so cute!