For some reason I decided to drink a lot of Dr. Pepper with my dinner and now I can't get to sleep. I've been sitting here for hours browsing through everyone's blogs and I've got to say it's been a little emotional. The caffeine is probably to blame a bit but I think I'm having a moment as well. Which is a big deal because I don't have very many moments.
As I've seen what's been going on with all of you I've been remembering the times in my and Loralee's lives when we were lucky enough to have found our friends. The things I remember are for the most part small and insignificant memories but all together they mean a lot. Whether it's Loralee coming home excited about a new friend she's made in whatever ward we were in, thinking of times spent around a campfire, going to Leatherbys and getting sick on their french fries, or just hanging out and enjoying some fluffy cookies (That one's for you Lisa, those were some good cookies). Knowing that we have people to enjoy life with means a lot.
I know that I never said it to any of you because I'm a guy and guys don't say these things. But thank you for being our friends. Thank you for being there for us when we needed help. Thank you for loving our girls (Kari, you get a special shout out because you helped bring Emma into the world and I'll always love you for it). Thank you for letting us laugh with you. Thank you for being there for my wife when she needs a girlfriend to complain about her husband to. Thank you for filling our life with memories that we can lean on for happiness when a day is filled with anything but. Thank you all for being who you are.
Well, I'm glad I got that out of my system. Let this be a warning to all guys out there. Apparently Dr. Pepper has been spiked with Estrogen. Drinking it in excess can cause outbursts of feelings and a strong desire for deep, emotional discussions. It should not be consumed in connection with any holiday or close to your wife's birthday as this may lead to excessive spending and future credit problems.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Thanks Dave! I love you too man! That was touching-
I'll make sure I drink the "Dew" from now on...
Ted
That was such a sweet post! Wow, Dave - that was a side of you I never knew! I was going to comment to tell you I finally did my "tag". But don't get too excited because it's really short, but it took me FOREVER to think of things to share. I know there are some weird habits and facts about me, but I guess I'm just used to them and couldn't think of too many. Anyway, I wish we could go to San Diego at Christmas time. That is the busiest time of year for BilliardEx, so we'll be hanging around here. We really miss you guys. I have to say you are one of the funnest couples we've ever hung out with. PLEASE be our traveling buddies someday! We'll wait around ... when you're ready to go somewhere though, let us know!
Yeah, was it the first date or the first kiss at our apartment you had with Loralee? :) It's great to have good friends!! Mindy
Man, now I just need to sneak more Dew into Jeff. hehe We miss and love you guys too. Since I'm a girl I guess I have those moments a lot more, but I'm really glad that Lolo found such a great guy to complete her. Good thing your promise to wait 10 years didn't pan out, otherwise we'd be looking a FINALLY throwing a shower for you next year. haha
wow, i feel so lucky to have made it onto that post!!! Thanks much sir!
You're a crack up Dave... and apparently Bree has a sassy mouth on her! :) Way to blame your rudeness on the non-speaking child! :)
Anyway... tag fulfilled.
With all the estrogen you have in your house, we were waiting for some to rub off on you!
Dr. Peps weakens the Y chromosome...noted. We need some estrogen in our house.
So...in the morning when Loralee awoke and found this post, what was her reaction?? Just curious.
Sweet nontheless...way to put into words those short glimpses inside a perfect Disneyland bubble!!
This was too funny!
Loralee-To answer your question as to how I can see you LOs in your gallery...when you are in the gallery, click on search in the upper right hand corner. Uncheck all the boxes and check the "owner name" box. Type in "torij" to search and all of my LOs will come up...even from the last class! That's my trick. You can do that in the forum too. ;)
Dave... great friends ARE hard to come by! Thanks for all the great times in good ol' Cleveland. We miss you.
Post a Comment