Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Dave!!

Yep, today's the big day...the BIG 3-0!!! And the poor guy is sicker than a dog and taking finals. But can I say how excited I am that after this week we are officially FOURTH YEARS!!!! WAHOO!!! WAY TO GO DAVE!

I know I did an "ode to Dave" a while ago, but ya'll can hear it again b/c it's his birthday and everyone should have an "ode" on their birthday.

He's the best husband and father ever. So all you guys out there can just stop trying so hard to beat him. He wins, hands down :) He is easily the favored parent at our house. Bree wanders around the house saying in a singsong voice, "Daddy...where are you?" And if she hears the back door open and shut, she runs to it saying "Daddy??" What a sad face I get when it's just me taking the trash out. And when Emma falls down and cries, she wants Dad. She's always excited to show Daddy something or tell him something. All day she's saying, "When Daddy gets home..." Emma learned about being a happy helper at church, and I have to say that Dave is definitely a happy helper (I know it sounds funny-you have my permission to tease him and call him a happy helper). I've had a lot of church meetings, baby showers, girls craft nights and whatever else lately, and he's been so great to not complain about having to stay home all the time-especially since a lot of these things have been on the weekends. He pitches in and helps in all my "make the house better" projects, even if he doesn't agree that certain things need to be done. He's always supportive of whatever "kick" I'm on-whether it be fixing the house, getting to the gym, eating healthier, etc. I can always trust him to be encouraging...and to walk down to street to Rite Aid and get a treat and eat it there so it doesn't come into the house and taunt me while I'm trying to eat healthier. :)

He's my rock. He balances me out. He calms me down when I get riled up and he helps me see the bigger picture. I think I'm sane b/c of him :) And he'll gladly agree with that. He helps me see things through others' eyes, so that I can be more understanding and tolerant. And he's the funniest guy I know! So, the night of the Priesthood session, he gets home and gets into bed (it doesn't end until 10pm here, so he doesn't get home until 10:30 or so). I ask him how it was. Fine. What did they talk about? I don't know. You don't know?? I don't really remember what they said, just feelings I had. So what were those feelings? I don't want to share that-you never share your feelings on that stuff (this is when I know he's starting to joke around). I say That's not true! Every Sunday after church I ask about your lesson and I tell you things that I felt during our lesson. Then he gets the "smirk" and says, Well, I'm usually not listening to you, so that doesn't count. We had a pillow fight after that. I lost.

He's my best friend and I LOVE him TONS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!

6 comments:

The Beecrofts said...

Happy BDay! I would love to babysit for you guys so you could go out... Maybe next week, eh? Are you guys performing for the ward variety show on Fri?

Unknown said...

LG always seemed to get sick during finals too....all that stress wears down the immune system I guess.

Happy birthday to a brave brave man, marrying one of those Packard girls.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!

LOve,
Ted and Adrienne and family...AND Lindsey and Von

powjess said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope all is well.

Powell Choro

Davis Smith said...

What a man!!! You two are so cute and such a fun couple - we miss having you around. By the way, very cute picture!

Karen Kunzler said...

I loved the NOT LISTENING part. I have finally learned that once we are in bed if I want to tell him something I have about 30 seconds to get all my questions out before he falls asleep. Dave is definately pretty darn funny, and it sounds like he is an awesome 'happy helper'. You will have to have him tell Steve to be a happy helper when it comes to doing home projects, but he has done SO much already I guess I can't complain too much. Happy B-day Dave!!!!