IT'S SUNNY!!!!! Last year I wasn't quite back into shape after having Bree to be gung-ho about playing tennis, so Dave played without me. But this year, bring it on! We had an awesome time the other afternoon-70 degrees, the girls fenced in at the tennis courts, Dave home early, playground right next to us, Bree wandering around, wondering what this whole "walking outside" concept was. Ahhh...the good life. The last time I played was an attempt when I was 5 months along with Bree, and that didn't go so well. You know how when you're prego you don't have a very good sense of balance? Ya, you can probably picture what happened.
So, Dave took Emma to Target and came home with a tiny Dora racket for her and a cute pink one for me (he knows me so well!), along with some awesome, girly pink tennis balls-I think Emma picked them out. That first night, in our small family room, he tossed the balls to her from a few feet away and she would hit them. She was doing great! She's a little weak, but most kids are. I noticed that when I was teaching the kids cooking camps. They have flimsy, weak wrists that have a hard time gripping a spatula and stirring, so I should've expected that from Emma. But she was still hitting all the balls Dave tossed at her. He wasn't quite prepared for a certain hit that came his way and landed nicely in his lap while he was sitting cross-legged. I couldn't stop laughing for a while. Emma didn't understand what was so funny.
But then came something unexpected. Emma announced that tennis was tired. And she proceeded to put her racket and the canister of balls to bed. She even kissed them goodnight.


Notice the pillow in front of Dave's lap in that last picture? That was AFTER he learned his lesson :)
I'm excited for more sunny days at the tennis court!

7 comments:
oh my gosh! That is so darn cute! :) Loralee, I LOVE tennis! We should play together sometime, but you will probably kill me at it! We have some tennis courts right across the street from our house, so you should come over the next time we have a sunny nice day! :)
So cute! SELREC has a parent toddler tennis class that I wanted to sign Andy and Avery up for. Did you play tennis in high school? I'm not very good, but I would love to play sometime too!
That is so funny that tennis was tired and needed to go to bed. I love that she could hit the balls back...I couldn't even to that. We both hope Emery doesn't get my hand-eye coordination.
What a cutie pie! That is just hilarious!
What a sweety! Shannon is starting to do things like that. Sounds like a GREAT weekend. I think we are all getting a little cabin fever and getting excited for SUMMER!
Trevor and I took the kids and played tennis on Saturday. It was SO fun! Love the pink racket and balls!
1st- cute pink racket
2nd- thank you for the sweet comments. De's post seriously made my day. What a blessing to have so many people who care!
Love ya too-
shawn
Post a Comment