Monday, April 28, 2008

Sunshine

Now that Bree has figured out that she can walk outside, that's all she wants to do. If the back door is open, she's out! She will find her shoes and bring them to us and say "bye bye". And she thinks she has to walk EVERYWHERE. So I can no longer carry her in the parking garage when we go to the gym, or from the car into the grocery store, preschool, you name it. It was maddening at first because she hated to hold my hand, but now she'll grab on to my finger and off we go!

The girls love to play in our little garden plot in the back, so we think that's a sign that we need to get or make a sandbox. We are LOVING the sunshine and breezy weather. Of course, right now it's rainy and 48 degrees with a possibility of snow overnight if the temp gets low enough, but I feel positive! We've been doing yard work and I think I actually enjoyed it this year! We planted some bushes and flowers in our front planters and planted a TREE! It's tiny, but it's got BEAUTIFUL leaves-we got a Japanese maple. And our grass is lush and green. Our front yard looks pretty good! I'll get around to taking a picture one of these days. And I started some zinnias and they've started to sprout, so we can add some bright color to our planters when it gets warmer. YIPPEE FOR COLOR!


So, anyway. Here are pics of the girls playing :)




8 comments:

AnnCP said...

guess we can do some projects outside while we are there!

mom

Ashlee and Shane said...

How fun! Officially 4th yrs? Awesome! We are almost officially 3rd yrs! Hard to believe when i feel like we are still 1st years!! Time is flying! Sounds like you have a very supportive husband! That is awesome. :)

Ammieloris said...

So cute! Wow! I bet that final step in mobility (walking everywhere and all the time) makes mommying a lot harder. Good luck! (And I hope Dave feels better now!)

Auds Beck said...

they found your "dirt box" what a fun thing! Our dirt box is well used and if you don't care about the clothes they are wearing, it can lead to hours of fun! Kid's shovles are on sale everywhere-get the girls some and let them dig:)

Sherrie said...

How fun Loralee. :) Brooklynn and I went flower shopping last week before I got sick and I'm hoping that we'll actually be able to plant the flowers this week! AND...Hooray for us! We ARE officially 4th years!!!!! (ahem. I'm not excited at all)

Unknown said...

I have been so happy to be out in the yard too..the weather has been PERFECT! And because school is in, we can't get enough time to enjoy it.

I have to ask what the difference in those pics are...they look like the same fence and garden box, but the coloring is so different?

Dave and Loralee said...

I think I took some with flash and some without...and I don't remember which :)I almost didn't post the first 2 b/c the difference in color bothered me so much!

The P*dunc's said...

Congrats on becoming 4th years!

It's amazing how time flies! It feels like yesterday when Paul told me, "Dave says he met a girl. But he says nothing will come of it." I think he was wrong.