Friday, September 5, 2008

Green Eggs and Ham

Some of my earliest memories are during preschool. Which I suppose would be true for everyone since honestly not a whole lot went on in any of our lives prior to that. Unless you count learning to walk and use a toilet. But some of us may not have really mastered the 2nd feat by that age so let's not count that.

Anyway there are 2 memories from preschool that stand out to me. The first was the realization that I am the fastest tricycle rider ever. I remember seeing my friend walking with his mom and we decided we were going to play together at his house. I got really excited and rode home to tell my mom where I was going. I don't know if I was hyped up on pixie sticks or just really excited but my legs were a blur as I zoomed home. I think I almost went into a wheely due to my superhuman acceleration. I ran into that friend after our missions and that was the one childhood memory he brought up to me. "Man, you sure could fly on a trike. And you knocked me out once." He didn't have much of a smile after that 2nd memory for some reason. But in my defense he was really asking for it. That's a whole different story.

So is this one. I remember the first time I heard the story Green Eggs and Ham. Our preschool teacher read us the book and at the end surprised us by having our own Green Eggs and Ham lunch. I remember thinking that those were the best eggs I'd ever had and was always a little mad that my mom wouldn't make them for me. Anyway I didn't want this memory to die with me so I decided to re-create the magic for our girls.

I know, hotdogs don't really count as ham but they're close enough by my book. Now if I could only get Emma or Bree to develop super huge quads to go really fast on their trikes. Maybe it's time to get them into the gym or pump them full of steroids.

Oh and one last memory. I was doing the truffle shuffle in the bathroom one day and my brother caught me. Very traumatic. And for those of you who don't know what that is and before you get some inappropriate ideas reference the movie Goonies.

Here's a link for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltp-PPL_yeY&feature=related

4 comments:

AnnCP said...

I liked your memory! Thanks for sharing and passing on a wonderful tradition of Green Eggs & HAM

Anonymous said...

That's funny - we had the same tradition!
Happy Birthday tomorrow Lo-Flow (where I ever came up with that name for you is beyond me but it's funny!!)

Haley said...

Loving green eggs and ham, it's a regular in our house!
Also...you've been tagged!!

MetroParks said...

I laughed until I cried when I was reminded what the truffle shuffle is. That is the funniest thing I have read all week!!!