Today we were at the mall and we sat in a food court to eat lunch. Emma has proclaimed for a little while that she does NOT like green apples. Well, we had a fruit cup and in it were some green apples. She asked, are those green apples? and I told her yes. She said, I don't like those. I told her she had to try them b/c she needed some yummy healthy food. She gave in and ate a piece and exclaimed that she LIKES green apples! Then I received this explanation:
"Last night (which, to her, is anytime previous to the current moment) when I was 4 (she's still 4) and I WAS BEING SNEAKY, I took some green apple off of the counter and ate it and it was yucky. But now I like green apples!"
I think she's referring to the time that I cut one up and didn't get around to throwing the rest away for a couple days (don't ask) and she asked if she could have some and I told her no because I knew it was gross and needed to be thrown away. But it looks like she got some anyway! Shame on her for being "sneaky". She's actually pretty sneaky quite frequently. It seems like these girls are ALWAYS WANTING FOOD, so a lot of times I tell them no when they ask, then I find Emma sneaking in the kitchen and getting food. I thought I was the only parent with this problem, but I overheard a dad with his kids at the mall asking them why they wanted to eat ALL THE TIME. I chuckled to myself and felt better about life.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you for giving me a chuckle!
Post a Comment