...just know somebody always has it worse. I actually don't think things are that bad for us. We're healthy and happy, we sold our house, and we're moving. Somewhere. Don't know where yet, which is a little stressful, but I can't complain. Dave got his braces off today (YAY!), we had a fun-filled Easter evening with friends last night (my abs still hurt from laughing so hard!), and Bree behaved the whole day at the outlets today (yes, jaw-dropping, I know), and I had a great time chatting with Alison while we sat on the couch at the bookstore...without kids. Life is wonderful.
But I'm always even MORE grateful for all I have after reading Nie Nie's blog. I know a lot of people have read about her and read her blog over the years, and I've been silently following her blog since I found it. The entries previous to the accident were inspiring. They reminded me of how I should be a better mom and the things to look forward to everyday. They also included things to just ponder on and think about-not necessarily "mother" things, just things in general. The entries during her coma were heart-wrenching in the sense that I knew her children were suffering, but they were also so hopeful because they reminded me of the goodness of people in the world. Now she's awake and she writes about things that we would never even realize would be important. Like being able to pick up our child, or even having our child love us and not resent us because of what we look like (burns and scarring to her face). The love between her and her husband is an example for all marriages. And if I ever think I have it hard, I just need to read about her happiness at finally being able to lift up her child and have his head rest on her shoulder.
We are so lucky.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I read her blog on few occassion...and I am completely humbled. It really does put life into perspective and in context. And it shows the frailty of the life we have...hers was almost cut short. I often think....what would I have done more or differently if I was given one more day??
Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment