Monday, September 24, 2007

Fun at the Farm


We went to Patterson Farm's Family Fun Fest with our friends the Jacksons. Elizabeth and Emma are "bosom buddies." They are so silly together. They really have opposite personalities sometimes, but when they're together, they just click! They will have conversations with each other where each one is talking about something completely different, but somehow the conversation goes somewhere and they understand each other! Patterson's is a picking farm, mostly apples, but they also have pumpkins and squash and strawberries. They had a big crate of apples that you could just eat out of while there, and we gave Bree an apple. Boy, was that the highlight of her day! She attacked that thing with a fury, practically growling each time she went in for a "bite" (not much biting going on with only 2 teeth just breaking the surface). Then Emma sat next to her with an apple of her own, and Bree started going for that one too! The pictures are hilarious, especially when you can imagine what's going through her head!

And this is what happened when we took the apple away-notice the pulsating vein in her head? That's how angry she was :)

And there was the hay! The girls had a great hay fight-we're still finding hay in Emma's bed and in the car.

Patterson's is also out in the country, so there were beautiful tree surroundings, which Dave LOVED. It's funny how you can be in the privacy of your backyard in the city and still feel exposed (which I hate), but you can be in a public place out in the country and feel totally secluded. I love that feeling. We'll definitely be looking to live in a place like that.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to kiss on Bree!!!! She is so adorable trying to eat everyone's apples. Can't wait for Christmas...that's all I have to say. Back to packing!

Adrienne

Anonymous said...

I just want to kiss on Bree!!!! She is so adorable trying to eat everyone's apples. Can't wait for Christmas...that's all I have to say. Back to packing!

Adrienne

Tori said...

Love these pictures! Such cute girls! Wish we could go apple picking too.

I posted on my blog some digiscrappin' info. Just letting you know that I read your comment requesting some info. I am going to teach Adrienne after she gets moved and settled. You will love it once you start!

The P*dunc's said...

I love Bree's orange nose. And, ofcourse Emma's hair, but you already know that!

Alifinale said...

YAY! I am so glad that you found me! I just love blogs! It is fun to see your cute little girls and see what you are up to.

Laurel said...

Okay, I hope you don't mind I found you from Alison Anderson (Howard)'s blog. Your family is so adorable! Where are you guys these days? How old are your girls? We are still in Utah and bought a house in Payson just over a year ago. Check out our blog if you get a chance! www.laurelandjason.blogspot.com

Alaska Massey said...

OK, I'm loving that we're all somewhat connected again with these blogs. It is so cool to see everyone's families and what is going on. It makes it seem like we're really not that far away out here in Alaska. Your girls are so cute and sweet. It looks like fun out there.