Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Nicknames

What nicknames have you given your kids? For some reason, we call Emma "Goose" and "Goosie." She responds to it-we use it like a regular name. So far nothing has really stuck for Bree. Collins calls her Bree cheese so the other kids call her that too-that's totally cute. Maybe it's appropriate considering she's in that stage where she does that cheesy toothless grin-you know, the eyes squinting one? She makes me think of a koala bear because anytime I'm holding something near her (her bottle to her mouth, changing her diaper, etc) she wraps her legs around my arm and it reminds me of these little tiny stuffed koalas that Mom and Dad gave us once that would squeeze on to things like pencils. But you can't really make a nickname out of "koala." Or can you? I'm open to suggestions. Dave calls me Lolita and my old roommates call me Lolo and cousins call me Lo. Pretty basic. No nicknames for Dave...can you give a grown man a nickname?
So, what nicknames do you have for kids, friends, family? SHARE!!! I'm sure we'll all get a laugh :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can call Bree monkey! Cause that's what it reminds me of. Or cling-on...My kids go by missy and mister or MISSY and MISTER-depending on if they are in trouble. Dave is already a nickname because his real name is David. We can also call him bird..he he!

Adrienne

Mindy said...

We call Alex Bubba Sqish (not squish). Sometimes I call Kayla Twinkle Toes. Trevor and I don't use our nicknames anymore - we're too busy yelling at children :)

Lauren said...

Hey Loralee! Your blog is so cute. You are going to have to teach me how to do a fun header/title thingy. I am totally clueless. I call Andrew my Booger boy when he's naughty. Don't know where that came from but I kind of like it. :) Well, now I have another blog to feed my addiction. Thanks!

The P*dunc's said...

We call Dallin, "D". My 3 yr old niece called him "Baby Dal" until recently when she heard me call him "D" and asked why we don't call him "Baby Dal". Directly after that question, she said, "Come on D, let's go play." I call Paul, "honey" when mad, and "Paul" when I want something. I guess my nickname would be "Moe" (more) because that is all Dallin ever says to me as he pulls me throughout the house wanting more of something.

Karen Kunzler said...

Hey you guys! I don't know if you remember your long lost cousins, but I got your blog address from the My Family website. Send me your email address (if you want to) so that we can keep in touch.

AJ said...

Stella has so many nicknames it is probably out of control. There is Stella Bella (which she gets called probably as much as her name), Stella Bella lula, Stell, Miss Moo, Moo, little pooper, rat (by Josh, it really is affectionate), rat fink, and some others that are less frequent.

AnnCP said...

I think you should call Dave, "de' man" cause he is one.

AnnCP said...

I thought of a nickname for Bree - Breezy, Breezy-Boo. I don't know if that is stretching the nickname thing - but I am trying!

your momma

Alisha said...

We call Ryan Ry-Guy and Kevin plain ole Kev. For some reason Jeff calls Brenna "baby babykins" or Ryan 2. While Jeff doesn't have a nickname he always calls me poopy pants. And stupid me, I always respond. I thought that name would get moved over to the kids when they came along. Rats!