I know it's all over the Mormon news world now, but I just wanted to recognize it...kind of like my own personal moment of silence in my crazy mommy world.
He was such a wonderful prophet and person. I was reading an article in deseret news with comments and condolences from various well-known people, and they articulated my feelings perfectly. Maybe that's what being somewhat "famous" can do to you-you are able to put feelings into words more easily than us common folk :)
But here's the link, and I'll be honest, I was quite emotional while reading it.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695247937,00.html
I loved this comment:
Utah Senate President John Valentine, R-Orem: "I feel like I've lost a good friend tonight," he said. "But, then, that was how President Hinckley made everyone feel — like he was your good friend."
He will be deeply missed, I think especially by the youth who have only known him as their prophet. I'm old enough to remember Presidents Benson and Hunter, but President Hinckley was the one with whom I was able to "connect," for whatever reason, and I know that's the case with many of us. But, like many have said, I'm grateful that he has been reunited with his wife, and I'm grateful to know about the Plan of Salvation...it's that knowledge that makes this occassion happier than it would normally be.
We will miss you President Hinckley and we love you.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thank you for posting about President Hinckley. I am kind of feeling like I'm in that limbo, where it still doesn't seem tangible. I probably won't REALLY internalize it until April Conference either. He will be deeply missed, and I hope I am able to teach my children of his wonderful kindness and persona.
You hit it right on the nose. He was such a tender man that made deep connections with most anyone he touched.
Yes, everyone I have talked to seems to have said, "He was my prophet"...he will be missed sorely...but I now have another person on the other side that I can't wait to meet!
Post a Comment