We haven't blogged in a while, but it's hard to come up with something catchy to write when ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is going on. Snow, cold, snow, cold. I found a new trick. When I'm driving and it's sunny outside (I know, RARE thing) I look up at the sky while I'm driving. Yes, I make sure I'm going in a straight line and that no cars are around before doing this. But if I stare at the sky, it's easier to envision that it's summer and warm and I'm living in a somewhat safe place. Oh, how the peace fills my soul!!!! :) It IS encouraging, though, to see the Easter/Spring clothes at all the stores. I just have to block out the fact that we didn't make it to church on Easter last year because of the million feet of snow we got. And I have to block out the childhood memories of beautiful, SHORT SLEEVED Easter dresses and warm weather for Easter egg hunts and I'll be good. Oh ya, and another thing to look forward to...two nights at the indoor waterpark during spring break! It was a blast last year, and now that Bree is walking it'll be even more fun. She is a maniac in the tub, so I can only imagine how awesome it'll be to watch her in a pool.
Dave decided to leave me. For the weekend, not permanently...but then again, he's not home yet, so I really don't know that he'll come back. Bree HAS been a little bit of a monster lately, so I would completely understand. Just kidding. He's in Chicago at a dental thing and I'm here stuck in the snow. But thanks to MANY wonderful friends, I'm doing okay. One fabulous friend came over to my house last night after the girls were in bed so I could go to Tia's Twilight party, which I will blog about later. Then my other 2 fabulous friends watched Bree and picked up Emma from school while I was a 1/2 hour away getting my car fixed, which took about 4 hours. And another fabulous friend was originally going to watch the girls, but it ended up working out better the other way, but I need to at least acknowledge her willingness to serve. And one of the previously mentioned fabulous friends is having us over for dinner tonight. WE ARE SO LUCKY! I will never be able to talk about how hard it is being away from family because we really have some great friends who have become our family. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!! And I'm in a good mood b/c the car repairs were supposed to cost about $500, and he ended up doing a BUNCH of other stuff "on the house," and then only charged less than $400. It's a wonderful day when you find an honest car repairman. I also had some invigorating adult conversation with all my new friends at the car shop, inlcuding the owner.
Stay tuned for another post on the party. I'll probably get around to it when I have a husband back home. You'll know he didn't return if you don't see it soon :)
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Um, I sure hope your husband comes home...since mine is with him. :) Glad to hear that you're holding up! Little Brooklynn has had a hard time, she's never been old enough to remember daddy being out of town before. So...I've had a little bed bug with me the past couple of nights. :)
I am still up in the air if I'll return or not. The hotel here has a hot tub so returning to a no hot tub life might be a little hard.
I want to know about this Twilight party of Tia's... do tell!
And why would Dave NOT return to such a wonderful house full of girls?!
I take it your family's back in one piece? Oh, Loralee, I have your Ten Virgins cd at my house! I forgot to bring it with me to church... We need to find a time to get it back to you!
Hey! How did the party go last night? Scentsy? I really wanted to come, but was still recovering from a horrible day the day before.
I am so sorry! Next time you have one i will be there! It had to be the weather! I don't see any other reason why people wouldn't show up! That stinks though!
I totally understand! :)
Post a Comment