At the ski resort we were talking to the kids ski instructor about how the little kids do in the classes. If you've ever rented skis before you know that you have to classify yourself as a Type I, II, or III skiier so they know how tight to do your bindings. Type I is someone who is more cautious (boy, that would be Emma!), II is someone a little more advanced, but careful still. And III is someone who takes risks and likes to try new things. The ski instructor talked about how you type yourself based on your personality, not your skill level, and all I could think was Bree is Type III all the way! She has no problems trying new things or being adventurous-she's a lot like her daddy in that way. While Emma didn't want to learn to ski yet, I know that the second Bree has the chance, she'll take it!
She is so ready to be a big girl. We made the crib into a toddler bed and she loves it. I actually think she's ready to be in the twin bed already! And she talks to you like she's having a real conversation. The best is watching her talk on the phone-I hand it over to her and she's off! She'll start walking around while talking, laugh at appropriate times, answer questions, then jabber away! Anyone who has talked to her knows that you'll get an ear piercing scream when I try to get the phone back! Or you'll hear her say "No No! No touchy!"
I love hearing her talk-she has the cutest little voice and lisp. I love it when she accidentally does things and under her breath she'll say, "oh, sorry" but with her lisp it's more like "thorry." It melts my heart! She can say a lot of things and I love that she's starting to make sentences. One of my favorites is "where you going?" She asks it in such an "intelligent" way :) And whenever she wants food she'll say "want some nummy?"-insert lisp :) I think she took it upon herself to differentiate between "nummy" (meals) and "nnnnnnack" (snacks-and yes, she says the n for a while).
Bree LOVES her daddy. She wants him to comfort her, put her to bed, change her diaper-whatever she can get from him while he's around! She will change from raging monster to the happiest kid on the block when he walks in the door. She jumps up and down yelling "daddy daddy daddy" and I love watching that. She loves to jump. On everything, off everything, you name it. She hates being held or being put in a shopping cart or stroller-she wants to be off and exploring! That was quite difficult when we were in NYC. And I never go to the grocery store with her anymore either :) Family pictures were quite the ordeal. She loves to touch everything and find out what it does (most of the time by putting it in her mouth-nice).
I just love this little girl to PIECES. I can't imagine our family without her.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BREE!!

2 comments:
So cute, Happy Birthday to Bree!
What a sweetheart! I love the picture of her with the statue. I bet she'll just get more and more fun as she gets older.
Post a Comment