Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gratitude Day #5

I went to the mall today, and let's just say that I'm SO THANKFUL that as a young couple with a small child we did NOT decide that it would be a FABULOUS idea to make a tradition of taking our children, all dressed up, to see Santa and get a picture with him (and pay an exorbitant amount for said picture). That will SO not be happening at our house...EVER.

Those poor poor kids in that long long long long line. If we ever did that, the picture would end up looking like this. Why would anyone in their right mind make that a tradition!!??

5 comments:

Snarr mama said...

That picture is AWESOME!! Merry Christmas!

AnnCP said...

I thought that email would be appreciated!!!!! Glad it hit home for you.

Sherrie said...

I am SO with you on that one. :)

Ashlee and Shane said...

We got lucky. In austin, MN the mall there has like 5 stores that are actually open. We went to the theater in the mall and on the way out Santa was there all alone, no kids on his lap or in line waiting. They went right up to see Santa. I can't imagine waiting in line forever!

Bridi said...

In case you want one picture with Santa and I'm not saying you should make it a tradition. But if you want to visit with Santa on a low key, free note. I stopped at Legacy village on the way home church Sunday while my kids were already dressed up and took my own pictures with Santa. We walked right in and no one was in line. It's in guest services near Jack and Janie. They have it set up nice and Santa was very kind and personal. He's there Saturday and Sunday 12-5. Again, I'm not saying you have to make it a tradition, but it was kind of fun!;)