Explanation:
We took the girls to the daycare again, then went out to breakfast. Then we just lounged around again and went to the hot tub. From there, the plan was to wait for Bree to fall asleep at the daycare, then get Emma and take her swimming (Bree would be MAD if Emma left and she didn't, and since Bree was having some pretty "bad" diapers, it wasn't smart for her to be in a pool). And while Dave and Emma were swimming, I would pack up the car and get ready to go. On my first trip to load luggage I saw it:
I saw it from a distance and was just PRAYING it was just the way the sun was reflecting on the car, then thought-wait, what sun? So, first reaction was punch to the gut. Second reaction was to look on the windshield for a note. NONE. I unlocked the car to open the door and see if there was a note under the snow. Oh wait, the DOOR WON'T OPEN! That's how bad it was smashed. It also cracked and bent the mudflap type area (whatever it's called) so when the wheels turn they rub against it. And this wasn't a small car either-it had to be a huge truck with how high up the damage went. Luggage went into the back and I was on my way to the front desk.
The manager and security guard came and took a report, then called the Sheriff's department to come so I could have a report for insurance. This all took place over a few hours of time, but during it all, I couldn't have asked for friendlier, more sympathetic people. The guard and manager drove around the entire resort to look for cars with a high back end, red paint on their bumper, etc. Not a thing. And they brought out their mechanic to see if he could pop anything out in order to make the door open, but it couldn't be done without causing more damage. So, while I lost some respect for humanity (RUDE not to leave a note-RUDE), I appreciated being treated the way I was by those who were helping me. Customer service is SOOOO different outside of Cleveland!
Good thing I didn't raise my deductible a couple weeks ago!

No comments:
Post a Comment