Sunday, December 14, 2008
Gratitude Day #6
This should also have been one of the first ones, but I'm grateful for Dave. I know I've written ALL about why I love him so much, so I won't bore you with all that again. But TODAY I'm grateful that he got to go to church. I know that sounds lame, but between his weekends away for the implants course, travel, stake and general conference, and kids being sick, it's been hit or miss getting to church for him. And because of my calling, if the girls are sick I usually have to go b/c I'm in charge of sharing time or something else, so he misses out. Add that to the fact that it wasn't until recently that Bree would finally go to nursery, so he spent most of church walking the halls with her. So, the fact that he got to go today was awesome. And today I'm grateful for all the help he gives me with the girls. He's a hands-on dad. He put Bree and Emma to bed tonight. AND he made dinner. See what I mean? He rocks. I was talking to my sister about how we rely on our husbands, and how our weekends away from them have been hard (her husband has been doing an ortho course), and how they've been hard not just because we rely on their help with the kids, but mostly because we rely on their physical presence to keep us solid. The kids can be driving me crazy during the day or be just fine-either way, I still feel this rush of peace and calm when Dave walks through the door. And I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful that we're a team. And I love him TONS!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Such a sweet tribute to your honey!
Aw! This warms my heart. Dave is a really good man, and I'm proud to be related to him. It also makes me really happy that you appreciate him and recognize his goodness. I'm sure a lot of that comes because you bring it out in him.
Post a Comment