Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gratitude Day #4

Midnight on the dot!! k-this will be quick :)

I'm grateful to continue a long lost family tradition of homemade suckers for Christmas. The first batch didn't take the raspberry flavor too well. I added the same amount of cinnamon flavor to the next batch and HOLY COW!! Has anyone ever stood over smoking cinnamon flavoring? I thought my head was going to burn off of my body! The flavor took on that batch :) And the house and my hands and hair still smell like cinnamon.

I'll try some other flavors over the next few weeks, so if you want some suckers, give me a call!

1 comment:

AnnCP said...

Oh, yea, Loralee. You NEVER put your face over the pot once you put the flavorings in the mixture!!! The alcohol burns off once it hits the hot syrup.

Glad your face is still intact.

mom