Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gratitude Day #2

It's kind of hard trying to pinpoint one thing to express gratitude for. I could say a lot of different things, but then I feel like I have to explain them all. But maybe I don't have to.

So, in chronological order of my day:

I'm thankful that Dave's done with finals and boards-AND HE PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS BY THE WAY!!!!! He ROCKS!
I'm thankful for the baby-sitting at the gym
I'm thankful for the shopping carts that hold TWO children...and straps to keep them from running amok at the store
I'm thankful for the church music in my car that keeps the kids calm (or it might be the DVD player in the car-either way, it's quiet!)
I'm thankful that my garage isn't too packed with junk so my car will fit in it
I'm thankful for lights in my ceiling on these dark cloudy days (if you're scratching your head about that, here's an explanation: the OLD homes here aren't usually wired for lighting, so most of our friends only have lamps in the corners of the rooms, which don't add very much light. but our house has LIGHT-boy does it make a difference for me!)
I'm thankful for strawberry bagels that kept the girls from whining during the whole grocery trip
I'm thankful for fuelperks (but even without them it only cost me $28 to fill up yesterday-and that's in a VAN!!)
I'm thankful for sippy cups
I'm thankful for white noise machines
I'm thankful for preschool carpool
I'm thankful for chocolate chip cookies, a killer recipe for chocolate chip cookies, and a killer mixer to make those chocolate chip cookies in, and a silpat that makes those chocolate chip cookies look PERFECT
I'm thankful that chocolate chip cookies make kids happy when they get home from school
I'm thankful that two little girl bums can fit on one piano bench
I'm thankful for volume control on the piano (can someone invent volume control on a child??)
I'm thankful for a child that will sit still and build a tower with blocks
I'm thankful for a child that won't sit still and build a tower with blocks
I'm thankful for two children who are NOTHING alike
I'm thankful that those two children make me laugh (sometimes not until I'm thinking about them AFTER they're in bed, but still...)
I'm thankful for my bunko sisters-they give me a lot to laugh about
I'm thankful for a husband who empties the dishwasher and then loads the dishes that are in the sink!
I'm thankful for a chance to sit down and think about everything that made me happy today

Hope your day was full of awesome things too!!


2 comments:

AnnCP said...

You are doing good!

Sherrie said...

I am loving these posts! A big CONGRATS to Dave for finishing boards! And...the SUN is OUT today! Today is a day to celebrate! (Oh...I'm thankful for the lights in my ceiling too...Andy put those in our first year here, that was a must for me. :)