All in all, a pretty awesome Thanksgiving week. A few minor things-Bree fell off a stool and her two bottom teeth went through the skin underneath her lip. That meant a trip to the emergency room, where we surprisingly saw Juston-an old friend from when we lived there! Then the next day, during her "independent" ride on the scooter, she fell and scraped her forehead on some rocks, which leaves a more "dug in" looking scab than just scraping it on the ground. And Emma got some stomach bug the day before we left, which meant some MAJOR prayers that her bug would be gone before a plane trip and that Bree and I wouldn't get it. And then there were family pictures where, once again, OUR child was the uncooperative one. WHAT'S WITH THAT??? But all the cousins might recall the HUGE blown up family picture Grandma and Grandpa had on their wall where I'm about 3-ish and screaming and pulling my hair-right in the FRONT. So maybe this is my comeuppance (however you spell that). The last time we were all together for a family picture Emma was the one causing all the trouble. I might have to find pictures of the 2 experiences and post that.
We did all sorts of things-Kangaroo Zoo (a big room of blow up jumpoline things), BYU bowling, visiting friends, playing with cousins, caramel apple dipping, TWO Thanksgiving meals, lights on Temple Square, walks up in the canyon, and enjoying the AWESOME weather Utah dealt us while we were there-seriously, it got up to almost 70 a couple days.
We had a TON of fun with everyone-a HUGE thanks to all for making the time and effort to see us while we were there. And a HUMONGOUS thanks to Mom and Dad for letting us crazy kids stay at their house. And a VERY grateful heart that Kris is doing so well after her heart surgery. Emma and Bree absolutely love both their Grandmas and Grandpas and all the aunts, uncles, and cousins. It's always so hard to watch Emma cry when we leave them or they leave us. But we'll see you all again SOON!!! (we hope...)

yes, Bree is missing from this picture...
5 comments:
Look at all of those cute kids! :) I'm so glad you guys are back! I've missed you!
What a cute group of cousins. Did Emma not get the memo about wearing orange and teal? :) She looks adorable, though. I especially love that she'll keep a flower behind her ear!
And yes, Lo, I totally remember the picture with you screaming in the front. :) Ah... memories. :)
What cute cousins....:)
What's with the injuries?? Don't you love how that always happens at one time?? The family pictures look AWESOME, and I laughed and laughed about YOUR kids being the uncooperative ones :) LOve that, huh? :) Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love you, too! :)
Holy cuteness...what an adorable memory!(minus grouchy pants...we know how that is)
SO glad you all got to be together!!
Post a Comment